The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

I actually live in Derbyshire, the next door village is where Nottinghamshire begins... but as I went to sixth form college in Nottingham (I think you'll know where I mean) I say I'm from Nottingham as its easier, and as I went there every day for 2 years and spent all my spare time in town I pretty much do live there.

Wherever you go to uni you get the Nottingham equals gun crime comments though, just after that police lady was shot last year I went to visit Lancaster and 2 people asked me if I saw her get shot.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
What school did u go to? I'm in 6th form at 'Le Willows atm.
Yeh... the gun crime thing gets to me a bit. St'anns giving us a bad name. With regards to that police woman... my friend at school's dad was her patrol partner with her and was on TV giving evidence. But no i didn't see her get shot either suprisingly ^o)
I'll Pm you with regards to where I went.... yeah its St Anns and Meadows, nothing to do with proper Nottingham... its funny, in Edinburgh the park/open space area which is really lovely is known as The Meadows and when I was on the phone to a friend from home I said I was on the Meadows at the moment, and they thought I was at home and freaked out! :biggrin:

To bring it back to this thread- if you're in WPC you can walk across the Meadows too and scare your friends!
Reply 63
I can't find a wiki page on accommodation. Pollock halls and the general uni, but not other residences.
look under self catered.... it is there, i wrote it so therefore its an excellent summary (ha ha).... i beleive its just under pollock halls. There isn't a run down of each individual s/c residence, as there are about 15 options and obviously most people only live in 1 place, and as its all pretty much the same whereever you are I just talked about s/c life in general, as otherwise we'd have just been repeating ourselves.
Reply 65
Now I've got my internet back finally did my accomodation! Darroch, New Arthur and Robertson's ended up being my 3, I figured as Darroch is so popular there'd be no point putting it down unless it was my 1st choice and I'm pretty sure I'll love it wherever I end up. Now all is left is to revise my arse off so results day is not a disaster! Thanks for all the help in this thread people :smile:
Reply 66
I agree, I think it'll be good staying in whatever accommodation you're given! I can't wait! notice you're doing french too, I'm doing French and Spanish, might end up in one of your lectures/tutorials/seminars or something (I'm still quite confused about the whole set up of subjects and classes etc!).
Emma x

Latest

Trending

Trending