The Student Room Group

both ears blocked- can't hear!

Ok, well here it is: my left ear has been permanently blocked for 4 months. I previously went to the Dr, who gave me ear drops which didn't unblock that ear. So I just left it blocked. But now my other ear is blocked up as well! and now I cant hear anything :frown:.. I'm worried if this ear will become blocked long term like the other one is.. I start university in two weeks so i'm freaking out!!!! because I need my hearing! Has anyone had both ears blocked before? What did you do about it? What do you think I should do?
Reply 1
Go a doctor about it.
What?? That's not normal to have a blocked ear for months at all. GO BACK TO THE DOCTORS....tomorrow first thing in the morning, end of story.
Reply 3
Original post by driftawaay
What?? That's not normal to have a blocked ear for months at all. GO BACK TO THE DOCTORS....tomorrow first thing in the morning, end of story.

I know! I went about that ear and he just gave me olive oil ear drops, didn't do a damn thing. So I just gave up on that ear. I think I'll have to go tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I know! I went about that ear and he just gave me olive oil ear drops, didn't do a damn thing. So I just gave up on that ear. I think I'll have to go tomorrow :smile:

You need to book in with your nurse to get your ears syringed. Use the oil drops for about a week before getting the syringed as this losens the wax.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Continue using the drops as they should soften up the impacted wax in the ears and should make the treatment far simpler. Go to the ENT department of a hospital and request for a suction of the ears, which should solve the problem caused by excess impacted wax in the ears.

Quick Reply

Latest