The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

A summary of Cambridge clubs from an existing student!

As an existing student, here is a summary of the venues you will enjoy:

Kuda: Smells like feet/sick/ass/dead people as it's downstairs and never gets aired out (clearly) hosts the only gay/LGBT nights and is tragic. Its just a tragic place in general. Attracts Cindies students. (Read below)
EDIT: Kuda has recently been re-furbished so no longer smells of ass/dead people! Still a tragic club, attracts the chavvy local girls that get into fights. moderately expensive on the weekend.

Lola Los: 3 floors of tiki-tiki magic and hula skirts. Dreadfully expensive and the size of a large town house basically. It's generally always busy and they play good music, not very student-orientated, and it's probably the most expensive club in Cambridge after Revs. £12.50 for a double vodka red bull on a Saturday night or on a student night you can buy a 'cocktail' or like £3 that has half a shot in it. Avoid on the weekends if you don't want to end up broke.

Ballare/Cindies: The same place but don't get them confused. They market to two different sets of students. Cindies is held for the Cambridge Uni students and the music is pretty much a mash up of ABBA, Lion King and other weird songs. Cambridge students run around with VKs.

Ballare is Thursday to Saturday. Thursday is the international night and the weekends are R&B/Rap/Hip-Hop nights. A lot of of the locals go there. Someone is always being dragged out for doing coke. There are hardly any students on the weekends and Ballare can be quite expensive, although they have good drinks deals.. moderate prices basically. Their cocktails are alright at £5 a pop. There is a VIP section which takes up HALF the club (I kid you not) for the people that buy bottles of Ciroc. Biggest club in Cambridge so it either seems dead, or super busy because you'll get used to everywhere being so small. Overall, it's a good club.

Revs: Not sure if the 1 proper floor of nightclub counts (Oh and a smoking area) but here we go. Revs is the place that snaps up lots of ARU students as they are in direct competition with Ballare most of the time for students hard earned cash. Student nights are busy during the first 3 months of new students arriving and then it's strictly Friday and Saturday nights after then. Probably because the student nights are **** there. Revs have no idea what a drinks deal is. For real. It's expensive but not even a 'okay I can handle £5 for a double vodka mixer' expensive.

Fez: A fave of ARU students, this is where girls that dress like they're happy that they have finlly escaped their Dad's 'disaproving stares before they go to the club' look. Fresh Tuesdays are the favourite of ARU students, they play everything, chart stuff. Fridays are the indie nights (think girls with green hair). It's the size of a glorified student house. I am not joking when I say that. It's so teeny tiny that it always seems super busy because there is a tiny little capacity of 300. Notice that I use the word tiny a lot. Expect to pay £8 for a JD & Coke and to feel like you're in some kind of prison dungeon. Expensive club, not many drinks deals - even on student nights.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Thanks for this! Fez it is then!
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending