The Student Room Group

I have 5 GCSE English Qualifications, how will uni consider this?

So my school changed to IGCSE midway and I am declaring all on UCAS (applying for medicine) So I achieved the following:
AQA English Lit: B (on foundation paper)
AQA English Language: B
IGCSE CIE English Language: A
IGCSE English Language A*
IGCSE English Literature A *

Which GCSEs will universities look at, as my school entered us early then changed over to IGCSE?
Original post by TreeTaps
So my school changed to IGCSE midway and I am declaring all on UCAS (applying for medicine) So I achieved the following:

Which GCSEs will universities look at, as my school entered us early then changed over to IGCSE?

You have three English language GCSEs, and they will take the highest. Lit is of less interest to them - it's not the one they mean when they ask for C or above - but they will also take the highest.
Original post by TreeTaps

It really doesn't matter, does it? All of them meet the standard you need to attain, and it isn't exactly a major element of getting into medical school. Concentrate on something a bit more important.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You have three English language GCSEs, and they will take the highest. Lit is of less interest to them - it's not the one they mean when they ask for C or above - but they will also take the highest.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest