The Student Room Group

Civil Service Investigation/ Intelligence Officer Role

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Still nothing, not even acknowledgment of receiving medical form etc. Hopefully hear soon. Needs to be soon due to people having to give months notice etc.
Reply 381
Original post by bwzmgb
Still nothing, not even acknowledgment of receiving medical form etc. Hopefully hear soon. Needs to be soon due to people having to give months notice etc.

In the same boat, not sure I would be able to cope if it was not for this forum give updates, or lack thereof ! :smile:
Reply 382
Out of interest has anyone in this thread been successful for Nottingham?
Reply 383
Hi went through the interview process as well for the investigation and intelligence role and have been made a provisional offer about a month ago, just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes for all the background and medical checks to be done?

Thanks !
Reply 384
Original post by reaw91
Hi went through the interview process as well for the investigation and intelligence role and have been made a provisional offer about a month ago, just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes for all the background and medical checks to be done?

Thanks !

* Sorry just seen the rest of this thread, so glad everyone else is in the same boat ! Ha
I rang dbs today and they are still yet to receive my application!
Original post by Shaker45
I rang dbs today and they are still yet to receive my application!

I just called DBS too and they said that they haven't received anything for me yet and that I should chase up the sponsor (HMRC).

This whole process is so frustrating. My application was submitted early September for this post.

I wouldn't have been this upset, had they given us acknlowdgement of receiving the DBS and health declaration forms. No updates whatsoever.
Reply 387
Hi Guys!! New to this thread...I have a provisional offer for HO Tax at Bristol. I have received my DBS back over a week ago. Last thing I was asked to do was to provide 2 personal references about 2 weeks ago...neither of those people have been contacted and i have not received any further instruction from HMRC. Any people starting in Bristol? Any ideas on start dates?
Hi this has been an interesting thread in which people with very different circumstanceshave posted their views and circumstances regarding the HMRC recruitment process. Personally I was given a provisional offer for the role of Intelligence/investigation officer (Not Tax I didn't apply for that) on 4/12/15. Since then I've heard f$%^ all from them. Now people have referred to waiting to receive their DBS to send off to HMRC and have also referred to references. I assume that these people are External candidates and when I emailed HMRC they made no reference to this and just that they would let me know when checks were completed. I am an Internal candidate as I have been a civil servant for just over a year in another department (which is woefully s$%^ btw). I had to provide my current manager's details so hopefully the new manager at HMRC will be able to agree a release date for me.

Can I ask are they any other internal candidates who have been given a provisional offer for intelligence/investigation officer (Not TAX P) and are going through the same process? If there are, I share your pain. I gather from the vibe of this thread that some of you are sick to s£$% of thier current jobs. I'm surrounding by so many ......"Minging" individuals in a equally minging public sector job. I've asked for the big boss to release me as early as possible so I don't have to work a 4 week notice period. HMRC/DBS HURRY THE F$%^ UP tw*ts!
Original post by ih8mingers
Hi this has been an interesting thread in which people with very different circumstanceshave posted their views and circumstances regarding the HMRC recruitment process. Personally I was given a provisional offer for the role of Intelligence/investigation officer (Not Tax I didn't apply for that) on 4/12/15. Since then I've heard f$%^ all from them. Now people have referred to waiting to receive their DBS to send off to HMRC and have also referred to references. I assume that these people are External candidates and when I emailed HMRC they made no reference to this and just that they would let me know when checks were completed. I am an Internal candidate as I have been a civil servant for just over a year in another department (which is woefully s$%^ btw). I had to provide my current manager's details so hopefully the new manager at HMRC will be able to agree a release date for me.

Can I ask are they any other internal candidates who have been given a provisional offer for intelligence/investigation officer (Not TAX P) and are going through the same process? If there are, I share your pain. I gather from the vibe of this thread that some of you are sick to s£$% of thier current jobs. I'm surrounding by so many ......"Minging" individuals in a equally minging public sector job. I've asked for the big boss to release me as early as possible so I don't have to work a 4 week notice period. HMRC/DBS HURRY THE F$%^ UP tw*ts!

I have a provisional offer and currently work for another government department. My understanding is that HMRC is not treating us as "internal" candidates though but that everyone who doesn't currently work for HMRC is being treated as external. From previous experience with HMRC and the wider Civil Service I would say that the current length of time things are taking is not unusual, especially considering the number of people being recruited at once. It's just a case of having to being patient.

Also and without in any way meaning to be confrontational, can I suggest being mindful of your language when describing the Civil Service? I appreciate that your experience as a civil servant so far may not have been what you hoped for and there is a semblance of anonymity on this forum, but you could still get yourself into trouble if your comments can later be linked back to you.
Reply 390
Original post by bwzmgb
Out of interest has anyone in this thread been successful for Nottingham?

I am on the reserve list for Nottingham... checking everyday to see if my status magically changes lol
Can I ask if anyone has been successful in Liverpool? I'm currently on the reserve list.
Original post by 11Apollo11
Can I ask if anyone has been successful in Liverpool? I'm currently on the reserve list.

Is this for the tax professional role? I'm on the reserve list too- I keep checking everyday to see if my status has changed! What where your scores? :P
Hi yes it was the tax professional role. My scores were 6-6-6 which seemed fairly good from the guidelines.
Hi yes it was the tax professional role. My scores were 6-6-6 which seemed fairly good from the guidelines.

Yeah that is really good and there has been people who got equal that score/lower than that score who got offered a role in other locations, I think the location Liverpool may have gone against us. There is a girl who scored 667 and is only on the reserve list. I scored 566. If you look on at the other thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3625877 you'll find all information on there about this role/recruitment process.
Thanks for the response. I've not heard of anyone being taken on yet in Liverpool so maybe they are doing a staggered start? Here's hoping anyway!
Thanks for the response. I've not heard of anyone being taken on yet in Liverpool so maybe they are doing a staggered start? Here's hoping anyway!

I emailed them asking were we placed on the reserve list due to staggering the start dates but the reply never really answered my question. I know there has been one successful HO appointment for Liverpool, I don't of any others - hopefully we managed to sneak an O role. Be interesting to see how long the reserve list is!
Reply 397
Yeah, this is taking quite long but it isn't a surprise...they are taking on a lot of tax prof. as well as intelligence/ investigation officers. That's a lot to get through!
With the news that the HMRC Chief Exec, Dame Lin Homer is leaving post as of April 2016, I can't help but wonder if this recruitment drive has been put on the back burner. This would enable the new post holder to advance their preferred strategy for the organisation.

This may be one possible explanation for the apparent lack of pre-employment checks so far and what appears to be a large number of candidates with excellent interview scores being placed on the 'reserve lists'.

Don't count your chickens!
Reply 399
Hi all,

Quick question... Apologises if this has already been asked, but has anyone managed to contact the recruitment team with in the last week and asked how much longer the process could take?

I emailed them last week but have yet to receive a reply, I was just wondering if anyone else had done so and heard
back?

It may also be the the tax roles are being completed first and then they will move on to this campaign. I believe many of them have now been given an official start date.

Kind regards,

MSP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending