The Student Room Group

Anyone good at finding stuff on the internet?? HELP PLEASE!!!

'Who visited the Nottingham county gaol twice between 1782 and 1788 and what was he shocked at?'
Been searching for so long
someone help pls
:frown:
One of those highly impressed by Nottingham in the late 18th century was the German traveller C. P. Moritz, who wrote in 1782, "Of all the towns I have seen outside London, Nottingham is the loveliest and neatest. Everything had a modern look, and a large space in the centre was hardly less handsome than a London square. A charming footpath leads over the fields to the highway, where a bridge spans the Trent.... Nottingham... with its high houses, red roofs and church steeples, looks excellent from a distance."
Reply 2
Original post by MrYouOweMe1
One of those highly impressed by Nottingham in the late 18th century was the German traveller C. P. Moritz, who wrote in 1782, "Of all the towns I have seen outside London, Nottingham is the loveliest and neatest. Everything had a modern look, and a large space in the centre was hardly less handsome than a London square. A charming footpath leads over the fields to the highway, where a bridge spans the Trent.... Nottingham... with its high houses, red roofs and church steeples, looks excellent from a distance."

<3
Cant explain my happiness rn
Thank you
:colondollar:
I owe you Mr
John Howard

http://www.nottsheritagegateway.org.uk/themes/police.htm

It took me less than a minute to find that :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arfah
'Who visited the Nottingham county gaol twice between 1782 and 1788 and what was he shocked at?'
Been searching for so long
someone help pls
:frown:

Next time type in the keywords of what you're looking for

so

"nottingham country gaol 1782 1788".
Seriously? I copy and pasted your EXACT question (Who visited the Nottingham county gaol twice between 1782 and 1788 and what was he shocked at?) and the answer was in the FIRST google result. :ms:
Original post by e aí rapaz
Seriously? I copy and pasted your EXACT question (Who visited the Nottingham county gaol twice between 1782 and 1788 and what was he shocked at?) and the answer was in the FIRST google result. :ms:

Op was using ask jeeves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending