The Student Room Group

What expect from Java Engineer technical assessment (Sainsburys) ?

Hello everyone, this my first time posting. I am a final year computer science student in UK applying for graduate schemes and entry level jobs. It will be my first time giving an online technical assessment. Please give me some pointers. I have only 5 days left to prepare for it. Here is an excerpt from the email.
"Before you take the assessment, please prepare yourself by reading the guidance below. If you would prefer not to continue with your application, please be sure to withdraw your application so we don't send you any reminders.
- The system will only let you take the test once so please let us know as soon as possible if you encounter any problems.
- You will have 7 days from the time of sending to complete the test in total.
- Please do not forward your test link to anyone, they are issued on an individual basis.
- It is fine for you to use an internet browser to find technical articles for the library/framework you are using or find out the method definition you are looking for, but please do not directly search for the question or any of the steps mentioned in the question.
- The site records your actions whilst taking the assessment and excessive navigation to other tabs/cutting and pasting could affect your ability to progress to the next stage; so please use an internet browser accordingly and only when you need to for a technical finding.
Structure
- Once you’ve started the assessment, you must finish it in the same session so please ensure you’re in a quiet space with a good internet connection.
- We do not want this assessment to feel time-pressured, so we have given you have plenty of time to work through each question.
- You have a maximum of 75 minutes to complete the technical assessment, but we expect the completion time to be between 45-55 minutes.
- The test will be composed of one coding challenge and one project.
- You can complete the assessment in any order so please check each question at the start of the assessment and complete the questions you’re confident in first.
- You should submit an answer for both sections in order to be considered for a final stage interview.
Technical Concepts
During the assessment we will test your technical capabilities relevant to the role you applied for (e.g., Java, JavaScript, React, .Net etc)
Good luck! "
Reply 1
Although you have most likely already passed this exam, I want to offer advice to those who may have a similar question.So in the Java Engineer technical assessment for Sainsbury's, expect a comprehensive evaluation of your technical capabilities relevant to the role, covering concepts like Java, JavaScript, React, .Net, etc. The assessment consists of a coding challenge and a project, offering a maximum of 75 minutes to complete. Prioritize a quiet space with a stable internet connection, and allocate time wisely between the sections. Utilize internet browsers for technical research but refrain from directly searching for specific questions. Completing both sections is crucial for consideration in the final stage interview. Check out additional insights at https://js13kgames.com/p/development-javascript.html. Remember, responsible preparation is key. Always! If you have a plan and know what to expect in terms of questions, then morally it will not be difficult.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending