The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IBIB
Id say allow c e, there is way better degrees

Nah civil engineering is the best degree anyone can do
Reply 161
Original post by NTECH10
Hi, I new to this forum. I applied for civil engineering at my chosen universities on oct 7th. I'm still waiting for 1 offer out of the 5. My predominant choice is Newcastle but I liked what I saw at the open day at Nottingham Trent.

i applied to newcastle as well, it's probably going to be my insurance!
Anyone else applying to Loughborough?
Original post by Vikingninja
Anyone else applying to Loughborough?

Hi Vikingninja

Just let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to help :smile:

Amy
Reply 164
Original post by orhangok
What A levels are you taking??

Sorry for the delayed reply (I forgot my password lol).

I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Biology and I'm predicted 3A*s and an A.

I finally sent off my application on Thursday and got an offer from Warwick and an applicant day from Surrey (which I gather is what they do when they are going to make an offer).
Reply 165
And I've just got an offer from Bath :smile:
Going to a post offer visit day to bath next Wednesday
Reply 167
I just handed my application for CE Meng on Monday and applied for Warwick, Bath, Southampton, Imperial and Bristol.
Got my offer for Warwick the day after and cannot stop checking my track😂
Reply 168
Original post by 09sara
I just handed my application for CE Meng on Monday and applied for Warwick, Bath, Southampton, Imperial and Bristol.
Got my offer for Warwick the day after and cannot stop checking my track😂

I have the same problem. I've been logging on to track 5 times a day for the past month.
Original post by Vikingninja
Got offers from Loughborough and Heriot-Watt.

Hi Vikingninja,

Congrats on the offer!! :thumbsup:

I work in the Student Recruitment Service let me know if you have any questions or worries or if I can help you with anything just get in touch.

Cheers,
Keir
Original post by petyou
And I've just got an offer from Bath :smile:

Original post by EllieRose123
Going to a post offer visit day to bath next Wednesday

Congratulations on your offer!

I'm a current second year student at Bath, so feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth
Is there even any point in applying for Civil Engineering (at any uni. not just top ones) Beng with BCCC at AS and AAA predicted? Or should I take a gap year and apply with better A2 grades?

And on an semi related note, how many Unis let you transfer from beng to meng or meng with a year abroad in the middle of the course if you're performing well
Original post by Lawliettt
Is there even any point in applying for Civil Engineering (at any uni. not just top ones) Beng with BCCC at AS and AAA predicted? Or should I take a gap year and apply with better A2 grades?

And on an semi related note, how many Unis let you transfer from beng to meng or meng with a year abroad in the middle of the course if you're performing well

The predictions tho......
Original post by SamLLLLiu
The predictions tho......

I kinda have a reason. My UMS for Maths something like 89, 83, 40 I have no idea what happened to me during my D1 exam but my school thinks my grade can go up by 2 if I retake D1 and get decent scores in A2. Same thing with physics except this time it was the coursework. They still think I can get an A in both.

I still don't know how I got 40 UMS in D1 though. I remember walking out the exam thinking I did meh but I didn't know it was that bad. I might end up doing S1 instead of D1 though. At least S1 is closer to what I would call maths.
Original post by Lawliettt
I kinda have a reason. My UMS for Maths something like 89, 83, 40 I have no idea what happened to me during my D1 exam but my school thinks my grade can go up by 2 if I retake D1 and get decent scores in A2. Same thing with physics except this time it was the coursework. They still think I can get an A in both.

I still don't know how I got 40 UMS in D1 though. I remember walking out the exam thinking I did meh but I didn't know it was that bad. I might end up doing S1 instead of D1 though. At least S1 is closer to what I would call maths.

D1 is just a huge b🚫🚫ch😂 S1 is no better though
Reply 175
Got my offer for Civil Engineering and Architecture at Bath! So happy!
Anyone received offer from Imperial?
I'm very impatient 😬
Reply 177
Original post by pietrosax
Anyone received offer from Imperial?
I'm very impatient 😬

One international guy did yesterday :smile: very impatient as well!
Original post by Dendri
One international guy did yesterday :smile: very impatient as well!

Do u know When was his recruitment day?
Original post by pietrosax
Do u know When was his recruitment day?

Internationals don't get interviewed

Quick Reply

Latest