The Student Room Group

I'm so stressed!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Oh just wait for A-levels!! you have a storm coming your way :redface:

Even if you're four A Levels, you're unlikely to have 21 exams. :3 Of course, the exams themselves are much more difficult...
Oh just wait for A-levels!! you have a storm coming your way :redface:

oh please don't even go there, my dream of going into dentistry seems a long way away if i'm considering choosing maths wtf!¬ it's hard enough
Original post by Hydeman
Even if you're four A Levels, you're unlikely to have 21 exams. :3 Of course, the exams themselves are much more difficult...

The workload and exam are just enough to make you cry continuously through the year, I remember when I thought GCSE's were hard, honestly now I could do them all over again with my eyes closed, A-levels are a different story, and now much worse with all the reforms. Good luck childrennnnnn.....:frown:
Breathe , get some water and do your work. I have a lot of work for tommorow as well , but i got free periods ^^
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
oh please don't even go there, my dream of going into dentistry seems a long way away if i'm considering choosing maths wtf!¬ it's hard enough

Good luck! I'm sure you will be fineeeee :tongue:
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Breathe , get some water and do your work. I have a lot of work for tommorow as well , but i got free periods ^^

How will the water help me? :biggrin: that made me laugh, thanksss
How will the water help me? :biggrin: that made me laugh, thanksss

I dunno , drinking makes me calm for some reason. At least it made you laugh :smile:
Good luck! I'm sure you will be fineeeee :tongue:

hope so gt some support from a close friend who wants to go into dentistry too but seems a little far-fetched lol what u stuying at alevel
I dunno , drinking makes me calm for some reason. At least it made you laugh :smile:

It makes me pee, pee does make me calm though...good idea :tongue:
It makes me pee, pee does make me calm though...good idea :tongue:

Lol , bit wierd but whatever. Although toliet time is actually calming - its the only place where your alone and can just think.
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
hope so gt some support from a close friend who wants to go into dentistry too but seems a little far-fetched lol what u stuying at alevel

History, English lit, Politics... I want to study law at uni! :tongue:

But it's all so heavy and piles up :frown:

did chem last year for 'fun' and to mix things up. Goodluck since your probably going to do that and pair it up with biology, I will you the very best of luck, don't die :smile:
Lol , bit wierd but whatever. Although toliet time is actually calming - its the only place where your alone and can just think.

Thats what I said to my friend the other day and she thought I was weird....toilet time is like my thinking time :colone:
History, English lit, Politics... I want to study law at uni! :tongue:

But it's all so heavy and piles up :frown:

did chem last year for 'fun' and to mix things up. Goodluck since your probably going to do that and pair it up with biology, I will you the very best of luck, don't die :smile:

all essay based a levels i feel for you, my cousins in her last yr in uni doing law she's still alive if that's any consolation

and that i will indeed need that
Thats what I said to my friend the other day and she thought I was weird....toilet time is like my thinking time :colone:

That emoticon suggests something more :colone:
The workload and exam are just enough to make you cry continuously through the year, I remember when I thought GCSE's were hard, honestly now I could do them all over again with my eyes closed, A-levels are a different story, and now much worse with all the reforms. Good luck childrennnnnn.....:frown:

I can see what you mean. Bloody A Levels... I retook one GCSE maths exam in January of year 12 to boost my overall grade from an A to an A* and found it very easy by comparison -- you could get three marks for factorising a quadratic! You'd be lucky to get one on an A Level paper.

But yeah, good luck to everyone starting A Levels from this year. They were crap before and they're even crappier now. Getting rid of January exams was arguably the single worst decision ever made from the point of view of your average A Level student. Such is life.
Original post by Hydeman
I can see what you mean. Bloody A Levels... I retook one GCSE maths exam in January of year 12 to boost my overall grade from an A to an A* and found it very easy by comparison -- you could get three marks for factorising a quadratic! You'd be lucky to get one on an A Level paper.

But yeah, good luck to everyone starting A Levels from this year. They were crap before and they're even crappier now. Getting rid of January exams was arguably the single worst decision ever made from the point of view of your average A Level student. Such is life.

Exactly, it made re-sits SO much easier, now we must do them all at one in june...do wish to see me in my grave? ughhhhh :angry:

So difficult.
Exactly, it made re-sits SO much easier, now we must do them all at one in june...do wish to see me in my grave? ughhhhh :angry:

So difficult.

Not just resits, it just made the whole thing easier to do. For science subjects with two written exams and a practical, you could do one of the written exams in January and the other in June. If you were taking three sciences, that's just three A Level exams every six months, which I'd more or less be happy with.

It also doesn't help that the universities seem to think it's fair to keep raising the requirements despite making things more difficult -- there are people who went to university in 2009 (before the A* was introduced) who only had to worry about getting 80 percent overall to get the top grade and could split it between January and June and would have at least one resit opportunity for every exam sat in January or June except the final ones in June of year 13.

To top this off, the top universities were actually lenient with resits back then -- Cambridge's advice during that period was something like this: 'we understand that many schools use January resits as a kind of mock test and therefore do not penalise candidates who have retaken one or more of their January exams in June.' You'd never get this kind of leniency now.

Sorry for the rant. :tongue: Just kind of frustrated with myself.
That's a nice quote but i'm seriously considering breaking my leg so I don't have to go into 6th form tomorrow :redface:

... did you like skip all your work and leave it for the last minute or? :indiff:
Original post by Hydeman
Not just resits, it just made the whole thing easier to do. For science subjects with two written exams and a practical, you could do one of the written exams in January and the other in June. If you were taking three sciences, that's just three A Level exams every six months, which I'd more or less be happy with.

It also doesn't help that the universities seem to think it's fair to keep raising the requirements despite making things more difficult -- there are people who went to university in 2009 (before the A* was introduced) who only had to worry about getting 80 percent overall to get the top grade and could split it between January and June and would have at least one resit opportunity for every exam sat in January or June except the final ones in June of year 13.

To top this off, the top universities were actually lenient with resits back then -- Cambridge's advice during that period was something like this: 'we understand that many schools use January resits as a kind of mock test and therefore do not penalise candidates who have retaken one or more of their January exams in June.' You'd never get this kind of leniency now.

Sorry for the rant. :tongue: Just kind of frustrated with myself.

I agree with all of that, also don't forget the exam boards and how much more difficult they make things, AS chemistry papers in 2008/2009 were honestly so much straightforward and simplistic, now it feels like witch craft. They are making things worse and the years go on...
Original post by Imperion
... did you like skip all your work and leave it for the last minute or? :indiff:

No I've been doing it but it feels like it's never-ending pile right now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending