The Student Room Group

Good chance in getting top 15 / RG Universities

Originally was planning to do Economics,Russian Language, Business Studies, ICT as full A levels, however didn't like the fact that I had little to no facilitating or "non-soft" subjects.

My new set of subjects would be:

Economics, Russian Language, ICT A-Level
+ Philosophy and Ethics / Business Studies both at AS Level

Would that be a decent set of subjects, and how beneficial is my decision to change my subjects? Whats worrying me is that I will have ICT in my PS, but is the overall picture looking good?
Original post by member1753327
Originally was planning to do Economics,Russian Language, Business Studies, ICT as full A levels, however didn't like the fact that I had little to no facilitating or "non-soft" subjects.

Would that be a decent set of subjects, and how beneficial is my decision to change my subjects? Whats worrying me is that I will have ICT in my PS, but is the overall picture looking good?

From what I know they want at least 2 facilitating subjects for most courses and you have none, what do you want to do at uni?
Original post by member1753327

Not really no...

I'm not sure if Russian language is a MFL, if it is then that's good.
Try and get geography in there, perhaps in place of ICT, it will go well with economics. Switch philosophy and ethics or Russian language ( if not a MFL) for English lit or History, and if you're brilliant and hard working at Maths, switch Econ to maths.

So if you want to do law, then something like Russian language , Philosophy and Ethics, English Lit And Geography would be good.

For economics, Maths, economics, Russian language, geography/history/English/ science would be fine.

But don't do ICT... Computing would be better.

Quick Reply

Latest