The Student Room Group

No UMS/PUM

Basically, I'm hoping (or shall I say was hoping) to apply to Cambridge for BA Economics... and it seems CIE do not release PUM/UMS in the region I'm in, only release raw marks... (CIE is so incompetent sometimes)

IGCSE: I have 9A* 1B (B in arabic) pretty much all in science and finance/business subjects

AS: 5 As... Maths Edexcel 98/100... Economics CIE raw 85/100 (grade boundary for A is 61/100)... Physics CIE 111/130 ( grade boundary for A is 87/130)... Chemistry CIE 118/130(grade boundary for A is 96/130)... Arabic edexcel (native tongue won't count) 95/100

Asked an admission tutor and he said put your raw marks in place of the PUM... Due to this my best across three average has been significantly bumped down... (91.2%)...

Not sure if applying to Cambridge is worth it or should I apply to Oxford for Economics and Management, since they place a higher emphasis on GCSEs?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by icedark_knight
Basically, I'm hoping (or shall I say was hoping) to apply to Cambridge for BA Economics... and it seems CIE do not release PUM/UMS in the region I'm in, only release raw marks... (CIE is so incompetent sometimes)

IGCSE: I have 9A* 1B (B in arabic) pretty much all in science and finance/business subjects

AS: 5 As... Maths Edexcel 98/100... Economics CIE raw 85/100 (grade boundary for A is 61/100)... Physics CIE 111/130 ( grade boundary for A is 87/130)... Chemistry CIE 118/130(grade boundary for A is 96/130)... Arabic edexcel (native tongue won't count) 95/100

Asked an admission tutor and he said put your raw marks in place of the PUM... Due to this my best across three average has been significantly bumped down... (91.2%)...

Not sure if applying to Cambridge is worth it or should I apply to Oxford for Economics and Management, since they place a higher emphasis on GCSEs?

You won't be ranked against UMS students. You'll be put into the non-UMS group. Nearly half of all students do not have UMS. You won't be disadvantaged, Cambridge is very used to CIE qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
You won't be ranked against UMS students. You'll be put into the non-UMS group. Nearly half of all students do not have UMS. You won't be disadvantaged, Cambridge is very used to CIE qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending