Original post by bethhhhh
Well done :h: Can I ask when you applied? I've also applied for biomed :h:

I applied on the 30th of September :smile:

(Sorry for the late reply!)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by celiajacobs
Congrats! :biggrin: I've got an interview for biomed on the 4th november :smile:

Same to you!! Mines on the 11th of November, I'm quite anxious but excited haha wbu? :smile:
Original post by Femoski
Same to you!! Mines on the 11th of November, I'm quite anxious but excited haha wbu? :smile:

Same here really, although I've read that an interview means you already have an offer, it just decides what offer they give you, which takes the pressure off! I'm excited to look around the campus as I haven't been yet :smile:
Reply 183
Where from: Romania

Applying for : Computer Science
Exam subjects : Romanian Literature, Further Math, Physics
Predicted average grade : 9.50 out of 10 ( I don't know the equivalent for UK )

Why Manchester ? Is one of the best universities in UK for CS and I also have friends there :biggrin:

I also applied to Warwick ( I received an offer today ), Birmingham and Southampton.
Original post by Anca01
Where from: Romania

Applying for : Computer Science
Exam subjects : Romanian Literature, Further Math, Physics
Predicted average grade : 9.50 out of 10 ( I don't know the equivalent for UK )

Why Manchester ? Is one of the best universities in UK for CS and I also have friends there :biggrin:

I also applied to Warwick ( I received an offer today ), Birmingham and Southampton.

I've also applied to Manchester, Warwick and Birmingham for Computer Science. Best of luck with your applications and well done on the Warwick offer! :smile:

When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 185
Original post by ryanroks1
I've also applied to Manchester, Warwick and Birmingham for Computer Science. Best of luck with your applications and well done on the Warwick offer! :smile:

I applied on 10th October.
Reply 186

I've a question too. If you have to choose between Manchester and Warwick as firm choice what would you choose ?
I've got an interview on the 4th November for biomedical science, and I'm really worried because I'm predicted AAA however I think that ABB (the lower end of their standard offer) is more achievable for me. I've read that they give you an offer of what you're predicted which means I'd have no chance of actually getting in come results day, help :frown:
Original post by Anca01
I've a question too. If you have to choose between Manchester and Warwick as firm choice what would you choose ?

Tricky question, and I'm still a bit unsure to be honest!

I think Warwick undoubtedly has the best department, but that means it'll be more competitive so they'll probably not accept me if I was to miss a grade come summer.

The main downside is the isolation of Warwick and I think I'd enjoy my time at Manchester more being in a major city. I think I'll also benefit from the location when it comes to looking for a job after my degree at Manchester - there are quite a few major CompSci companies with offices nearby.

I'm counting on Manchester's interview helping me decide once I've got a proper feel for the place. At the moment, I think Warwick's slightly ahead for me but that's only because the department is so strong academically.

What about you? :smile:
Reply 189
Tricky question, and I'm still a bit unsure to be honest!

I think Warwick undoubtedly has the best department, but that means it'll be more competitive so they'll probably not accept me if I was to miss a grade come summer.

The main downside is the isolation of Warwick and I think I'd enjoy my time at Manchester more being in a major city. I think I'll also benefit from the location when it comes to looking for a job after my degree at Manchester - there are quite a few major CompSci companies with offices nearby.

I'm counting on Manchester's interview helping me decide once I've got a proper feel for the place. At the moment, I think Warwick's slightly ahead for me but that's only because the department is so strong academically.

What about you? :smile:

Well, I have a friend who is in his first year at Manchester , computer science and he is really excited about this course and about living in Manchester. I know Warwick is good but I think Manchester gives you more job opportunities and is ranked better in the world ranking. However I'm looking forward to the interview too to see it for myself.

i am applying for CS in manchester, warwick , KCL , imperial and Bath
other than imperial
if u hav offers from all
which would u choose and why ?
I have a chemical engineering interview with Manchester!
Original post by avg4all
i am applying for CS in manchester, warwick , KCL , imperial and Bath
other than imperial
if u hav offers from all
which would u choose and why ?

I was tempted to apply to Bath but they're fairly low down in the rankings for research (http://www.ref.ac.uk/) and a very small number of people (around 10%) came out with a first last year.

I haven't done much research into the London unis because of the cost, but King's has a solid department that is consistently ranked highly.

Personally, I'd go for Warwick out of those solely focusing on the academia. They beat Oxbridge for research coming 2nd to UCL in 2014. Their CS facilities are also excellent and the lecturers are world class.

However, if you aren't keen on campus unis, Manchester is also a good choice. It has the longest established CS school in the UK and has fantastic industry links.

At the end of the day, all of these are top universities for the subject and can undoubtedly give you the skills needed for a great career in the industry. Best of luck with your application. :smile:
I was tempted to apply to Bath but they're fairly low down in the rankings for research (http://www.ref.ac.uk/) and a very small number of people (around 10%) came out with a first last year.

I haven't done much research into the London unis because of the cost, but King's has a solid department that is consistently ranked highly.

Personally, I'd go for Warwick out of those solely focusing on the academia. They beat Oxbridge for research coming 2nd to UCL in 2014. Their CS facilities are also excellent and the lecturers are world class.

However, if you aren't keen on campus unis, Manchester is also a good choice. It has the longest established CS school in the UK and has fantastic industry links.

At the end of the day, all of these are top universities for the subject and can undoubtedly give you the skills needed for a great career in the industry. Best of luck with your application. :smile:

tell me a few websites ! where i can compare all the details for CS !
Can a person receive an offer without interview(international applicant)?
I've applied in geology.
Original post by avg4all
tell me a few websites ! where i can compare all the details for CS !

http://www.ref.ac.uk/ - useful for comparing the research intensity of the unis
https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/ - useful for comparing general details (student satisfaction, degree classes, percentage of coursework etc)
Original post by HassanAftab
Can a person receive an offer without interview(international applicant)?
I've applied in geology.

The website says:
"All suitable applicants are invited to attend a visit day. Applicants who cannot attend are made an offer based on their application form. During the day interviews will be conducted with a member of staff that will help inform us about who we will offer our bursaries to."

Just tell them you can't go - being an international student is entirely valid for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any offers from MBS yet?
Reply 198
Just got my offer for Physics with Astrophysics :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone made a Facebook group for Manchester 2016 Applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending