The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by nfthakar
Has anybody received an offer for management yet? I applied on September 15th and received an acknowledgement in mid October but nothing since then. I already have offers from Newcastle and Durham and my grades (American AP/SAT) more than meet the requirement.

may I ask when did you get your offer for Durham?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by tsred
may I ask when did you get your offer for Durham?

Durham was the first to give me an offer on October 14th, then Newcastle on October 28th, and since posting that Warwick on November 4th.
Reply 382
Got an offer for Computer Science (MEng in Computer Science with Industrial Experience)
#InternationalApplicant
Original post by r1fad
Got an offer for Computer Science (MEng in Computer Science with Industrial Experience)
#InternationalApplicant

Congrats! :biggrin:

When did you apply?
Reply 384
Original post by ryanroks1
Congrats! :biggrin:

When did you apply?

Thank you ^_^.
Applied on October 11th. Received the offer 10 days later
17 from London
AS: AABB in government and politics, geography, biology and economics respectively
A2 predicted: A*AB in geography, gov&pol, and econ respectivly.
Applied for PPE
Just got A*A*A offer for physics... feeling really disappointed as no academic questions were asked in interview, how could they have decided to give me the higher offer ?
Original post by Patrick2810
Just got A*A*A offer for physics... feeling really disappointed as no academic questions were asked in interview, how could they have decided to give me the higher offer ?

That's their standard offer - very few (if any) people get the A*AA offer nowadays.
Original post by Origami Bullets
That's their standard offer - very few (if any) people get the A*AA offer nowadays.

I understand that but assumed the interview was used to determine the offer - clearly not.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What type of engineering are you applying for after the foundation year?

I'm applying to study Physics with Foundation year.

A2: BBC resitting and predicted: ABB.

I'm not quite sure right now. I can't choose between Mechanical and Aerospace
Original post by Patrick2810
I understand that but assumed the interview was used to determine the offer - clearly not.

The interview is used if you don't meet the offer. They then look at your interview to see if they would still want you in the course (which normally they will). It's annoying, but if you get the 3A*s you do get £1000!
Applied for Manchester just so I had an extra place to apply for. Kinda to waste a application, not brilliant I know, I really expected to be rejected.

Applied for Astrophysics
As subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
As grades (respectively): AABC (So not amazing)
A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths and Physics
Predicted grades: A*AA
Have an interview on the 19th November.
Could this be because I had a good personal statement rather than amazing grades?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mxlik
Just got an offer for PPE :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations. I am also applying for PPE at Manchester, may I ask what grades you got and what your predicted?
Out of interest did anyone take a bag to their interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview on Thursday for Maths. Does anyone know the sorts of maths-related questions they'd ask? I've been told to look over C1, C2 and FP1; but do they ask you really hard questions from those (where you apply knowledge to new areas) or do they ask things that you should know (or be able to work out quickly)?
Where from: Nottingham
AS/A2 subjects: Religious Studies, English Literature, Psychology, Geography(dropped in A2)
AS/A2 grades: BBBB / predicted ABB + A in EPQ
Course applying for: BA Philosophy

Chose UoM as one of my choices because it seems perfect!

I got a conditional offer (ABB) within 24hrs of sending off my UCAS! Just need to get the grades now:biggrin:
Anyone else got a computer science interview on Thursday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jonnyboy112
Congratulations. I am also applying for PPE at Manchester, may I ask what grades you got and what your predicted?

Sure, I got AAB at AS(all higher end UMS), so my predictions are A*A*A. Good luck!
Original post by Femoski
Out of interest did anyone take a bag to their interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I did but I only used it to carry my phone and a drink etc, but you don't need one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending