The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Regulus
Thanks!! I need 5s on the AP Calc BC and Physics 2 exams, and at least 4 on the AP Chem test. Overall though, I think you did better in your qualifications than I did in mine, so your offer will probably be easier! :smile:

Oh yeh, forgot you were applying from America! Is that a high offer then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 61
Original post by Padc
Oh yeh, forgot you were applying from America! Is that a high offer then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm it's not especially demanding, but it definitely won't be easy (especially since I've been slacking hehe) :biggrin: I'm just worried about physics 2 since the AP program changed physics and it's pretty new and weird and I'm not really sure how to study for it >.>
Reply 62
Is anyone else still waiting on an offer? Starting to panic a bit now - even though it is only October haha!
Original post by miacat
Is anyone else still waiting on an offer? Starting to panic a bit now - even though it is only October haha!

I haven't gotten an offer yet ... I've only been waiting since the 13th of October though :biggrin:
Where from: Bristol
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Bio, Chem, Music
AS/A2 grades: AS grades AABA respectively
Course applying for: Medicine

Don't forget to mention why you made UoM one of your choices
Love the course, the city, the life :smile:

One question though- anyone else got some sort of confirmation email after sending their ucas thing off?
I got one from all of the other universities I applied to but not Manchester which is a bit worrying :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedNebula
One question though- anyone else got some sort of confirmation email after sending their ucas thing off?
I got one from all of the other universities I applied to but not Manchester which is a bit worrying :s-smilie: Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get a confirmation email but I have to do an online application as a course requirement so they sent me an email with the link for that in saying that the first part of my application (UCAS) was received so I wouldn't worry! They have probably got it! :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by RedNebula
Where from: Bristol
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Bio, Chem, Music
AS/A2 grades: AS grades AABA respectively
Course applying for: Medicine

Don't forget to mention why you made UoM one of your choices
Love the course, the city, the life :smile:

I got one from all of the other universities I applied to but not Manchester which is a bit worrying :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didn't get a confirmation/acknowledgement from them at all even though they gave me an offer! don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by angryfeminist
I didn't get a confirmation email but I have to do an online application as a course requirement so they sent me an email with the link for that in saying that the first part of my application (UCAS) was received so I wouldn't worry! They have probably got it! :smile:

Original post by ChloeNR
i didn't get a confirmation/acknowledgement from them at all even though they gave me an offer! don't worry about it :smile:

Okay thank you both, that is a relief! :yes::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Regulus
I got an offer for Physics with Astrophysics today!! If I can meet my offer, I'll be joining you guys in the UK in September! :biggrin:

Hey, I've applied for TheorPhysics at Manchester! Still haven't heard back from them, which is a bit worrying aha. When did you apply?

Congrats by the way!!:smile::smile:
Reply 69
Original post by Crazecatlady
Hey, I've applied for TheorPhysics at Manchester! Still haven't heard back from them, which is a bit worrying aha. When did you apply?

Congrats by the way!!:smile::smile:

Oooh yay another physicist! :biggrin: I sent in UCAS on Monday (I think it was the 11th?)

Thanks! I'm super excited ^^ and don't worry, your offer should be any day now :smile:
[QUOTE=Regulus;60027925]Oooh yay another physicist! :biggrin: I sent in UCAS on Monday (I think it was the 11th?)

Thanks! I'm super excited ^^ and don't worry, your offer should be any day now :smile:
Oh I applied Tuesday afternoon! Thanks for the optimism, hopefully my offer is in its way :smile:
Where from: Wiltshire
AS/A2 subjects: English Lit, History, Drama & Theatre Studies, Italian
AS/A2 grades: AABB at AS, predicted A*AAA for A2
Course applying for: English Lit and Creative Writing

haven't received a confirmation/acknowledgement email yet after sending my application on 13th - should I be concerned?

edit: i didn't actually manage to get to an open day, but i applied to manchester just because of the draw of a big city uni c:
(edited 8 years ago)
Where from: Peterborough
AS/A2 subjects: French, Economics, Geography, Maths, General Studies
AS/A2 grades: AAABC (dropped Maths- got a C) predicted A*AAB for A2 (A* in GS, B in French due to my weak AS speaking in which I got a C but I'm retaking in spring 2016) got an A in FREN1 as well!
Course applying for: European Studies with a Modern Language (French)

I haven't actually been to Manchester because of difficulties with getting time off from my job but I've been to the city before and really liked it, I'm likely to insure it if I get an offer I think! Sad that they don't accept GS but nothing we can do about that.
Sending in my offer this week.
Original post by Regulus
Oh wow we're applying for all of the same unis!! :biggrin: it'll be fun haha. Yeah I think Manchester gives Skype interviews for international applicants, but I kind of wanted to actually go to England :P

Let us know how it goes :smile:

Did you apply anywhere else in the UK?

Im from California and I also applied to Warwick, Edinburgh, Newcastle, and Durham. So far I have a conditional from Durham and they never asked to do an interview.
(edited 8 years ago)
APs taken: Lang (4), US History (5)
APs this year: Stat, US Gov, Comp Gov, Micro Econ, Macro Econ
SAT: 2020
Subject tests: Math 2 (750), World History (740), Literature (660)
Course I'm applying to: Business

The music from the 80s and early 90s introduced me to Manchester as a city and when a friend got into Edinburgh last year I looked into applying to the UK and now I'm not even applying to any US universities. I visited over the summer and I absolutely loved it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Where from: Berkshire
AS/A2 subjects: French, Maths, English language, Biology (AS)
AS/A2 grades: AAAA (AS), I don't actually know my predicted A2s!
Course applying for: French and linguistics

My course didn't give me many choices but I really liked the atmosphere when I visited, got an offer on friday for ABB :smile:
Reply 76
Where from: London
AS/A2 subjects: Biology, Maths, Psychology and Chemistry
AS/A2 grades: AAAB (AS)
A2 Predicted: A* (Bio) A* (Psych) A (Chem)
Course applying for: Biomedical Sciences

I've been invited to an interview on the 11th of November, has anyone else been invited on that day too? :smile:
I just got an offer for History and Russian! So happy :biggrin:
Original post by Fleming1928
I just got an offer for History and Russian! So happy :biggrin:

:kissing2::kiss::lovehug::party::party2::parrot::russia:
Original post by CoolCavy
:kissing2::kiss::lovehug::party::party2::parrot::russia:

Yay! Thank you!

:woo::woo::woo::woo::yay::ta::party::party2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending