The Student Room Group

Are you scared that your parents will die one day?

I am a Christian I think I believe in heaven I am really fear losing my mum one day I know that it will probably be years but still I am not someone interested in creating a family so if she passes I will only have my sister and aunt and cousins probably I am really worried about this. I am scared that what fi there is no heaven and if there is what if it is so large that we will never meet again. How can I overcome my fear my mum means the world to me. I don't really have a contact with my father so I feel like I have one parent only. My question is how can I not fear anymore tell me something comforting please.

Scroll to see replies

Every soul shall taste death.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maria1812
I am a Christian I think I believe in heaven I am really fear losing my mum one day I know that it will probably be years but still I am not someone interested in creating a family so if she passes I will only have my sister and aunt and cousins probably I am really worried about this. I am scared that what fi there is no heaven and if there is what if it is so large that we will never meet again. How can I overcome my fear my mum means the world to me. I don't really have a contact with my father so I feel like I have one parent only. My question is how can I not fear anymore tell me something comforting please.

what if there is heaven but only one of you gets there
I'm actually scared ngl.
I'm sorry that this is preying on your mind so much. I am a dependent adult, in that my dad is my carer and my mum does a fair bit too for me. So the prospect of either of them dying is terrifying for me.

Following this thread just in case anyone has any useful advice :redface:
I guess it's natural to worry about things like this when you know you're so dependent on a particular person and thing that you can only focus on what would happen if they weren't there. I have lost my dad a year ago and I understand how you feel about your mum, as my mum is also the only person I feel like I have. After loosing a parent I think something comforting I could tell or rather advice you is to make the most out of your time you have with her.. So stop worrying about loosing her! That really won't change anything, take all that energy into actually spending time with her. Death is inevitable, but atleast when that ever happens in years to come you'll feel satisfied with the time you've spent with whoever it may be!
Original post by RiverOfTears
Every soul shall taste death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That post fits very well with the username.
we are all born to die
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm sorry that this is preying on your mind so much. I am a dependent adult, in that my dad is my carer and my mum does a fair bit too for me. So the prospect of either of them dying is terrifying for me.

Following this thread just in case anyone has any useful advice :redface:

Both my parents have passed away within six months of each other back in 2014 and tbh I have not been normal since then. I've become a very angry and bitter person. I'm not as patient as I used to be. I still think about them every single day and cry when it's overwhelming. It's changed my personality completely and I used to be such a happy and bubbly person.
Original post by shahshahshah
I guess it's natural to worry about things like this when you know you're so dependent on a particular person and thing that you can only focus on what would happen if they weren't there. I have lost my dad a year ago and I understand how you feel about your mum, as my mum is also the only person I feel like I have. After loosing a parent I think something comforting I could tell or rather advice you is to make the most out of your time you have with her.. So stop worrying about loosing her! That really won't change anything, take all that energy into actually spending time with her. Death is inevitable, but atleast when that ever happens in years to come you'll feel satisfied with the time you've spent with whoever it may be!

Original post by queen-bee
Both my parents have passed away within six months of each other back in 2014 and tbh I have not been normal since then. I've become a very angry and bitter person. I'm not as patient as I used to be. I still think about them every single day and cry when it's overwhelming. It's changed my personality completely and I used to be such a happy and bubbly person.

Really sorry for both of your losses :frown: :console: :grouphugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really sorry for both of your losses :frown: :console: :grouphugs:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 11

I am sorry for your loss thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Reply 12
Please only write advice or experience not statements please thank you
I am sorry for your loss thank you for sharing your experience with us.

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 14

Both within six months? Only last year? That's a very recent and nasty wound. I won't say anything crass like "time is a great healer" but be patient with yourself. It's going to take you a long time to get through this.

Death is the ultimate end. No matter how much we want to have someone with us forever, that's not possible. But I'm sure at the very end we shall meet everyone again. I'm also very scared of losing my parents. When I think about it, I just get so scared thinking that I dun know what I will do after that. I dun know if I will be able to go any longer in this world alone but believe in God. He will always be there for you when there is no one. :smile:
Reply 16

Damn, so sorry for your loss :frown: :console::hugs: Hope you're doing better

I agree, Thankyou for sharing this its always comforting to hear about other people's stories, makes you feel like you're not the only one!
Original post by RayApparently
That post fits very well with the username.

This username was made a long time ago. Fyi it is also a song :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zuki
Damn, so sorry for your loss :frown: :console::hugs: Hope you're doing better

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending