The Student Room Group

Repetitive Strain Injury - extra time?

I suffer from RSI (piano-related) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any instances in which extra time in exams had been allowed for this reason. I did some googling and it seems some universities do allow extra time for people with RSI, so I wondered if anyone knew whether exam boards have any policy on it. I'm doing my AS levels and one of the things I'm worried about is 6 hours of English exams (I do Lit and Lang separately) in one week!

Basically when it flares up my wrists ache really badly and I have difficulty in bending them, so the prospect of 3 hours' constant writing worries me slightly.
I have a similar problem though not RSI. Ask your GP for a doctors note and speak to the person in charge of examinations at your school. I got rest breaks during my GCSEs. Not sure what my arrangements are for this year but it'll probably be the same as at GCSE.
Yep, I agree with *pink_sapphires*- get a doctor's note and speak to your exams officer, who may then be able to apply for special arrangements for you.
Reply 3
Dont get too optimistis though - because you caused it - its not accident or illness related....still you might get it.

Latest

Trending

Trending