The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Graduate Financial Support - Personal Statement

With applications opening Monday, I'm trying to finish the last couple aspects of mine and this is sort of the last big hurdle. I'm an applicant from the US and have a few basic questions.

1) Is LSE need-blind, meaning do they see an applicant's financial status during admissions decisions or only after?

2) The Financial Personal Statement is only applicable for LSE Awards - do award committees see the rest of the graduate application or just just this statement. This is relevant because I am wondering about repeating information.

3) The LSE website states "Although we are also interested in your academic interests, work experience and future career objectives, it is very important that you tell us why you are particularly deserving of financial support." I don't exactly get what this is getting at. Any ideas on examples on what makes someone particularly deserving? It feels odd me trying to discuss why I deserve money more than the next person that I don't even know. It seems to me I should just explain my financial situation and let them know how much I think I need to make it through and why.

Any input would be helpful
Hello!

I am applying now and I have the same questions you had 4 years ago.

Did you find out the anwsers at any point?

Thanks!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I'm applying this year as well, have these same queries and would really appreciate any help on writing the financial aid statement. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending