The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computer Science 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by sample0222
Anyone took the online test? Is studying C1 and C2 enough? Or is C3 and C4 covered as well?

Only C1 and C2 were needed for my questions
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 381
Original post by r1fad
Anyone who wrote the online admissions test on Feb 11th heard back?

hello! Do you mind if I ask you how the admission test and if it was similar to C1-C3 and if there is anyway I can prepare for it?
Reply 382
Hey Guys! I am Tala and I applied to study computing. I have just received an email from imperial stating that I will be tested on a few maths questions. Does anyone know what I should expect , and if there is anyway I can prepare for the exam? will C1, C2 and C3 cover the material?

Thank you
Reply 383
Original post by talaah
hello! Do you mind if I ask you how the admission test and if it was similar to C1-C3 and if there is anyway I can prepare for it?

Hi,
It's similar to C1 and C2
Good luck :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by r1fad
Hi,
It's similar to C1 and C2
Good luck :smile:

thank you r1fad!

Were the questions simple or complex C1/C2 style questions? and also did you find yourself in a time crunch by the end of the 45 minutes?
Reply 385
Original post by talaah
thank you r1fad!

Were the questions simple or complex C1/C2 style questions? and also did you find yourself in a time crunch by the end of the 45 minutes?

I found it simple although I don't do A Levels (I do CBSE).
Yes I did find myself in a time crunch because it is tough to input the answers using parenthesis
Reply 386
Original post by r1fad
I found it simple although I don't do A Levels (I do CBSE).
Yes I did find myself in a time crunch because it is tough to input the answers using parenthesis

Ah ok, thank you!
Was your format the online one or PDF? And a level you mean C1 and C2 only right? Not C3 or C4? I'm sorry for the frequent questions I'm just concerned.
Reply 387
Original post by talaah
Ah ok, thank you!
Was your format the online one or PDF? And a level you mean C1 and C2 only right? Not C3 or C4? I'm sorry for the frequent questions I'm just concerned.

I got the online test. Yes C1& C2.
Its okay...even i had the same questions as you did but i had no one to answer them...
Original post by r1fad
Its okay...even i had the same questions as you did but i had no one to answer them...

How do you show working online?
Reply 389
Original post by r1fad

Ah ok , got it. And no computing related questions right?

Hopefully the test goes smoothly and we receive offers.

Thanks for your help!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 390
Original post by sample0222
How do you show working online?

On the day of your online test. You will receive 2 tests instead of 1. The first test is to familiarize yourself with the test environment. I will show you how to input answers and how to use pi ad other functions.

The 2nd test is the actual test.
Reply 391
Original post by talaah
Ah ok , got it. And no computing related questions right?

Hopefully the test goes smoothly and we receive offers.

Thanks for your help!!!

No computing related questions. There was one problem solving question though..

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 392
Original post by r1fad
No computing related questions. There was one problem solving question though..

Good Luck :smile:

final question hahhaha ,for the problem solving question did it include any coding or algorithms?
Reply 393
Original post by talaah
final question hahhaha ,for the problem solving question did it include any coding or algorithms?

No it did not include any of that
Well I don't know if everyone took a different test from me but at least one of the questions requires C3 knowledge, but it's stuff you will almost definitely be familiar with.

I think comparing the test to C1/C2 is pretty unfair. The questions are completely different in style. I would say in difficulty they are similar to but maybe a bit easier than the older MAT papers. And as for MAT, revising C1/C2 (or pretty much anything tbh) is probably not going to help.

The problem solving question assumes no prior knowledge.

Overall, I think most (if not all) Imperial applicants will find the questions accessible. And many applicants will probably find them easy.
Got rejected last night for CS MEng :frown:
Not really sure why though, I had good AS grades and good A2 predictions, I feel like I should have at least got an interview
Original post by Tribe
Not really sure why though, I had good AS grades and good A2 predictions, I feel like I should have at least got an interview

How good is 'good'?
Damn, you guys are lucky. I had a C4 question in my interview.
Reply 398
Any news for those who had their interview on march 2?
Or any news on the jmc course?
(Been stalking thise thread too long now)
Original post by marioman
How good is 'good'?

4 As for AS (Maths, Further, CS, Physics)
3 A* and 1 A predicted for A2 (A in Physcis)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending