The Student Room Group

Whats your biggest issue youre facing atm at university?

Like the title suggests, mention your biggest problem at uni so far. You could be 1st years,2nd or even 3rd.

i am currently 2nd year and my biggest issue/problem is friends. Especially with the course I am taking, there a little..nerdy? ! I would class them as friends but not best friends to hand out over the weekend or go pub etc. Still wondering if I will find anyone that has similar interests to me at my Uni or if I just need to grind through 2 more years?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Non -cool? Wow you seem like you'd be top of my list to make friends with!
I doubt they want to go to the pub with you if you have that attitude!
I'm 2nd year biomed.
Biggest issue is lack of motivation.
In 2nd year and fatigue... and I go to bed at 10:30 every night xD
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm 2nd year biomed.
Biggest issue is lack of motivation.

That's the biggest issue facing my life :frown:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That's the biggest issue facing my life :frown:

The only things I'm motivated by are food, TV/Movies and intimacy. That's it. Past that I find it hard to give a ****.
I wouldn't call it an issue per say but i have quite the workload at the moment, fortunately i m managing my time reasonably well but wouldnt say i ve been too social the past few weeks.
My son, Sheridan has such a brilliant mind as you full well know so no academic problems, but he is facing some money issues.

He just phoned home asking for money to buy silk pyjamas. Said his friend Tarquin laughs at him for having lower middle class pyjamas.
Reply 8
This God damned assignment i have due in friday which i havent even started and dont know how to do it.:angry:
- The assignment i have due in tomorrow. 200 words away
- still made no friends
- referencing my assignments properly to the university standard :frown:
Reply 10
Workload and the pile of assignments even though I've just started first year.
Transcription factors, they're horrible to try and remember. It's like reading alphabet spaghetti as there are so many acronyms.
Original post by samina_ay
- The assignment i have due in tomorrow. 200 words away
- still made no friends
- referencing my assignments properly to the university standard :frown:

have you tried using some kind of electronic referencing system? word has it built in, or theres many websites that can do it for you.
Original post by claireestelle
have you tried using some kind of electronic referencing system? word has it built in, or theres many websites that can do it for you.

Yes the tutor has suggested an app called "ref me". But i rather do it manually, and they've given us examples on how to reference different sources: like books and journals. Guess I'm sorted, complaining for nothing really, like I usually do. Thanks for your help xx
My dissertation :frown: I'm hoping the topic is technical enough to get me a 2.1 minimum
I also haven't found many friends (especially girls) as my course is mainly guys
I struggle with early starts too. I'm always there on time but by the time I get home I'm too tired to work :frown:
I CAN'T DO THIS ESSAY :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samina_ay
Yes the tutor has suggested an app called "ref me". But i rather do it manually, and they've given us examples on how to reference different sources: like books and journals. Guess I'm sorted, complaining for nothing really, like I usually do. Thanks for your help xx

the word version has you input it yourself and just formats it in the correct way and then you can check it against that, might possibly save time.
My problem was tiredness. I was ready to drop from fatigue. Oh, you can't imagine how long I stayed up translating Old English and Gothic texts. All days, all nights with books we were spending time together. I walked around in a blur....But nevertheless, my time at Uni was excellent
Being ill should be working on dissertation work instead in bed. Keeping warm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Friends
Work :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending