The Student Room Group

Do 2015 students still get grants for 3 years?

Hi, Since grants have been scrapped by the government, do the people do are at Uni from September 2015 get Grants for the 3 years of their degree or only for the first year?

Does it mean next summer, 2015 students will have to get loans like everyone else or do we still get grants?
If you started this year you'll get grants for all 3 years providing you're eligible =)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. Providing you meet the criteria re: household income, you'll still get the grant. However, if you change course, you're then on to the new system of finance.
Original post by OU Student
Yes. Providing you meet the criteria re: household income, you'll still get the grant. However, if you change course, you're then on to the new system of finance.

By change, do you mean starting a brand new course from the first year? Because I'm planning on transferring from my current university into the second year of another for the 2016/17 academic year, will I still get the grant as I'm technically not starting from scratch?
Original post by oceansiz3
By change, do you mean starting a brand new course from the first year? Because I'm planning on transferring from my current university into the second year of another for the 2016/17 academic year, will I still get the grant as I'm technically not starting from scratch?

No in this circumstance you wouldn't as you're changing courses, it doesn't matter what year you go in at

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jackieox
No in this circumstance you wouldn't as you're changing courses, it doesn't matter what year you go in at

Posted from TSR Mobile

can somebody confirm this?
Reply 6
Original post by oceansiz3
can somebody confirm this?

Yes, that is the case. Get an estimate of your 2015/16 loan entitlement here, using the 2015 to 2016 option:

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending