The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just got a job at my local pets at home! Can't wait to start, I start in June because I'm away in May/half of June for 6 weeks but they really wanted me so were willing to wait and got the confirmation call today and a uniform fit next week!

The trial was super fun and I have no customer service experience but have a level 2 NVQ in housekeeping which turns out is really a good thing to have as it covers health and safety! My store seems super lovely!

My advice for those through to the final interview/trials is always seem super interested and talk to everyone!
alialikat congrats! I have my trial and interview tomorrow, stressing tbh. How did it look like and how soon after interview did you found out if you got in?
Original post by katrina89
alialikat congrats! I have my trial and interview tomorrow, stressing tbh. How did it look like and how soon after interview did you found out if you got in?

Sorry forgot to reply! I found out in the interview, they said they wanted me and made allowances for my upcoming holiday, there's more to it than that but I also had an NVQ which helped.. How did you get on? C:
I had trial but not sure how did it go as manager was not in :/

Shame as i Really liked it if I am honest would be fun working there!

Now stressing, they said if they liked me then manager will invite me for one to one interview. I really want to get it!!
I had trial but not sure how did it go as manager was not in :/

Shame as i Really liked it if I am honest would be fun working there!

Now stressing, they said if they liked me then manager will invite me for one to one interview. I really want to get it!!

Oh really? That's odd the manager should always be there. Did they ask what qualifications and experience you had? Basically, I am going away in May for 6 weeks and they had three positions. They took two on now and then I'm starting June 19th, that's the only reason I got it with the holiday thing. Have you rung them?
I think he was on holiday or something? Well I don't know but as far as I read online some people had trial separate and interview separate and some had in same day.

I am stressed as I am oldest there and other guys had animal college or something and I don't. Don't know how many of us 4 had trial except me though. Didn't ask.

They said I should know about interview by Monday so will see tomorrow hopefully! If I won't, will maybe give them a call, don't wanna sound desperate though.
I think he was on holiday or something? Well I don't know but as far as I read online some people had trial separate and interview separate and some had in same day.

I am stressed as I am oldest there and other guys had animal college or something and I don't. Don't know how many of us 4 had trial except me though. Didn't ask.

They said I should know about interview by Monday so will see tomorrow hopefully! If I won't, will maybe give them a call, don't wanna sound desperate though.

They look more at customer experience rather than animal so that would maybe fare him well but they would consider all applicants regardless of that. I was one of the youngest (I'm 19 and the other two who got the job were 25 and 38 so it was a real mix).

I would call Tuesday if you hear nothing.. How did the trial go? I was on tills, did fish tank chemicals and engraving tags.
I was doing stock tills and cleaning cages I found it chilling and cool to be honest completely different than my job now so would love change. I have customer service experience so it's ok I suppose we will see what they look at more.
They didn't call today. I just Hate this waiting.

I would go in there at this point and ask, it looks better. Did you speak to the staff lots on the trial? That helps a lot!

Hi, I work at pets at home and have done for nearly 16 months now... I had my interview and trial on the same day, I would honestly try not to worry, you have already got through the first stage, and it's all about impressing them from here on in.

Tips for the one to one interview... They like you to seem like you would get on well with the members already working there, they like you to be very well rounded and interesting, as well as AMAZING at customer service as that is what store bonus is based on... I would just be natural, don't prepare savvy answers as they often just like to have a friendly chat with you.

I wish you all the best of luck, it is very competitive, and at my store you had to score full marks on the trial and interview to get the job, but that isn't too difficult as long as your good with people, all animals and down to earth.

If you would like any advice... Or anyone for that matter about what it's like to work for pets at home when you first start... Feel free to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alialikat
I would go in there at this point and ask, it looks better. Did you speak to the staff lots on the trial? That helps a lot!

I did but they said to wait till Monday when manager is back. Worst case scenario will call maybe tomorrow but don't want to sound desperate though.
Original post by Natalierm2707
Hi, I work at pets at home and have done for nearly 16 months now... I had my interview and trial on the same day, I would honestly try not to worry, you have already got through the first stage, and it's all about impressing them from here on in.

Tips for the one to one interview... They like you to seem like you would get on well with the members already working there, they like you to be very well rounded and interesting, as well as AMAZING at customer service as that is what store bonus is based on... I would just be natural, don't prepare savvy answers as they often just like to have a friendly chat with you.

I wish you all the best of luck, it is very competitive, and at my store you had to score full marks on the trial and interview to get the job, but that isn't too difficult as long as your good with people, all animals and down to earth.

If you would like any advice... Or anyone for that matter about what it's like to work for pets at home when you first start... Feel free to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I have no idea how did it go and if any other people had trial. It is stressful wait I must say as I really liked the job and atmosphere in the shop.
Thanks, I have no idea how did it go and if any other people had trial. It is stressful wait I must say as I really liked the job and atmosphere in the shop.

I don't know one person that works at pets at home and does not like it, my store is like a huge family... For example last night we had our yearly awards evening and we all did a massive Easter hunt around the store with clues based on the knowledge we should know about animals and products, it was amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.
Manager was on holiday, they said trial went well and my interview is on Thursday:smile:
Reply 156
Hi, I applied for a job in my local pets at home on Saturday morning. It said on the jod description that there was no closing date but once a suitable application was received the job would be taken down. I checked the website on Saturday night and the job was gone. Anyone know if this is a good sign? Not heard anything back yet and im wondering how long they'll take? I've got loads of work experience with animals and have worked in next, and currently in primark so i have customer service experience. What chance will i have at getting the job? Thanks.
Original post by Boo17
Hi, I applied for a job in my local pets at home on Saturday morning. It said on the jod description that there was no closing date but once a suitable application was received the job would be taken down. I checked the website on Saturday night and the job was gone. Anyone know if this is a good sign? Not heard anything back yet and im wondering how long they'll take? I've got loads of work experience with animals and have worked in next, and currently in primark so i have customer service experience. What chance will i have at getting the job? Thanks.

Quite a lot of the time jobs at pets at home go up and then are taken down as they have gone internally... Happens a lot at my store as it can take up to a year to train colleagues properly to their standards so they get transfers.

You still have a good chance, my job was taken down two weeks before I got the email requesting me to come to interview. All hope is not lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Thank you!!!
Also im 17 but have heard you need to be 18 to work there. Is this true?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just had my interview today and it was cool, 1.5 hour and was very chilled just like talking to friend lol. I hope I will get the job as I really like it! I was told today that they are looking for 3 people.

Latest

Trending

Trending