The Student Room Group

Welbeck DSFC - GCSEs

I will be choosing my options soon for my GCSEs, I wish to attend Welbeck DSFC. I am aware that you need at least As in maths and physics/combined and a C in english? I have been longing for a career in the armed forces (I am aiming for the RAF route and wish to join as an engineer officer) for a long time and I have discussed with family etc that this is right for me. I am currently a Cadet at my local ATC + ACF, I'm physically fit and I'm sure if I work hard enough i'll be able to get my grades. I have not talked to an AFCO yet so I am requesting help maybe from people with experience. I live at least two hours away from Welbeck but I am fine with travelling. Are there any specific GCSEs that would help me in my career and possibly at Welbeck? Would triple science or other extras (such as ICT/Computer Science, DT or PE etc) help me?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi George, look at the A level options, I'm there at the minute. Pick ones that match the ones you want to do at DSFC. Triple science is a great start, ICT is good too so you don't have to do the ECDL here. PE maybe not. Bear in mind Welbeck is highly academic and you will do less cadetty stuff here as you do now at home, so make sure its right for you. 4 as levels plus all the lectures and kit prep we have to do is quite a hefty workload!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending