The Student Room Group

Should i state both GCSE English and IGCSE English on UCAS application?

Hello, so i have completed a GCSE in English Language and achieved a D but i did a IGCSE in the same subject as well the same year and got a C, now do i need to say i got a D in my English GCSE even if i got C in IGCSE or do i just leave the GCSE one out?
Original post by Peter Horvath
Hello, so i have completed a GCSE in English Language and achieved a D but i did a IGCSE in the same subject as well the same year and got a C, now do i need to say i got a D in my English GCSE even if i got C in IGCSE or do i just leave the GCSE one out?

http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
Ucas is very clear that you have to declare all exams.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
Ucas is very clear that you have to declare all exams.

Jesus, will it make me look bad?
Jesus, will it make me look bad?

Nothing like as bad as lying and being found out for it. No, one poor result is not going to ruin everything.
Nothing like as bad as lying and being found out for it. No, one poor result is not going to ruin everything.

I just found out that you also have to put down all of your GCSE resits, i have done GCSE Maths a few times and i have got a few certificates, will i get into trouble if i just declare my final GCSE Maths grade? damn, i never knew Ucas was so harsh.
I just found out that you also have to put down all of your GCSE resits, i have done GCSE Maths a few times and i have got a few certificates, will i get into trouble if i just declare my final GCSE Maths grade? damn, i never knew Ucas was so harsh.

If you don't declare all results and universities make offers based on a fraudulent application, then they can (and do) take away offers and terminate the right to study at any time up to and beyond graduation. The choice is yours, but it's pretty clear cut to me.

Your school will also check - everyone has a unique learner number so it is very easy to check qualifications these days.
If you don't declare all results and universities make offers based on a fraudulent application, then they can (and do) take away offers and terminate the right to study at any time up to and beyond graduation. The choice is yours, but it's pretty clear cut to me.

Do you have to write absolutely everything - For Example in GCSE: Religious studies B unit 2 (grade), Religious studies B unit 4 (grade)....Or just the overall grade Religious Studies B (grade)?
Original post by meganwalker
Do you have to write absolutely everything - For Example in GCSE: Religious studies B unit 2 (grade), Religious studies B unit 4 (grade)....Or just the overall grade Religious Studies B (grade)?

Overall grade is fine.
Reply 9
Actually, I didn't declare all exams and am afraid that universities may reject me because of this.
Original post by nulhill
Actually, I didn't declare all exams and am afraid that universities may reject me because of this.

Then contact Ucas and put it right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending