The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
It's something i need to start thinking about myself but all i can really tell you is that its more expensive than where i currently live which is in the north west of england.

not much help, but hopefully someone will have a better answer :-)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Are you going to be in uni accommodation? If so, self-catered or catered? Because catered includes laundry/food/insurance. If not or you're in self-catered I believe you can get by on about £20 a week for food. I'm not sure about laundry though.

As for entertainment, it's a tough one because it depends how much you go out. Entry to clubs is generally around £3 I believe, some you can get free entry before a certain time. And then obviously everyone goes on student nights so lots of drink deals!

Transport you won't need to spend much; Exeter is pretty small so you can pretty much walk everywhere. However you might get taxis on a night out. Although one of the clubs has a courtesy bus so it's free to get home (if you live in halls).
Exeter is (according to something published a short while ago) one of the most expensive cities in the UK. It's not as bad as London and the South East, but a lot more expensive than the rest of England and probably most of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland too. Accommodation ranges from about £60 a week (cheapest self catered) to about £140 a week (most expensive catered) so it depends where you live. If you're in self catered, food won't cost more than about £20 a week if you shop at Tesco and look for the special offers, and laundry currently costs £1.70 per wash and £1 per tumble dry. You won't need transport much because Exeter is small as far as cities go, so you'll usually walk everywhere, but a bus into town for shopping won't be more than about £1.50 and taxis are cheap if you share with friends (although they're also quite hard to get and extremely unreliable!) As for entertainment, I wouldn't really know because I don't go out much, but as long as you don't go mad on the drink, go somewhere cheap like the Imperial and don't go out every night, it shouldn't be too bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending