The Student Room Group

Which university should I pick

Ar the moment I'm thinking to go to Exeter or Lancaster, they both seem like really good universities.

I applied to both for a Finance course, received a offer from Lancaster, and waiting for Exeter, (I'm fairly confident that I'll receive a offer from Exeter)

So what do you guys think, Lancaster or Exeter?
Original post by MARCU51
Ar the moment I'm thinking to go to Exeter or Lancaster, they both seem like really good universities.

I applied to both for a Finance course, received a offer from Lancaster, and waiting for Exeter, (I'm fairly confident that I'll receive a offer from Exeter)

Hi @MARCU51,

From what I know, both Exeter and Lancaster are very good universities. Asking people who go to those universities or on that specific course would be a better way to find out whether it'll be the right decision for you, and one of the easiest ways to find them is the 'Chat to Students' feature on both the Exeter and Lancaster websites.

If you are struggling to choose, remember to compare the courses as best as you can. What modules are offered? What could your timetable look like? How much support is there? Are there opportunities for placements and experience? Try to figure out what you want to get out of studying finance, and see if one course matches with your needs more than another.

If the courses are really similar, you could consider what each campus and city is like. What facilities are available for you? Are there activities nearby that interest you? Could you see yourself living there for a number of years?

You could also consider costs into your decision. These universities are on opposite ends of the country - does it matter to you to be close to home? Is one place more expensive to live than the other? What are your options for accommodation?

Overall, there are a lot of factors to consider when choosing one university over another. Both are good universities, but at the end of the day, it is important that you make the right choice for you.

Congratulations on your offers so far and best of luck,
Isabella
Original post by MARCU51

You applied through Ucas?
Original post by MARCU51

Hi @MARCU51,
Congrats on your offer to study finance at lancaster! I'm currently in my 3rd year studying Geography at Lancaster so are more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
Honestly, I've loved my time at Lancaster, the university and city just feel like a really friendly place, which makes it a really enjoyable place to live. The lecturers and academic staff are so supporting and more than happy to chat to you if your struggling in a module or have a particular interest in what there teaching, there always willing to talk to you about there research ect. Another major thing which has helped me enjoy my time here has been societies, there's so many to pick from what ever your interest from all the sports teams you could imagine including Underwater hockey, music, arts and specific interest societies there really is something for everyone.
When trying to decide between universities it can be useful to look at the list of modules you can study on both of the courses and see which one interests you most, the module lists can be found on these websites.
Finance BSc Hons (N300) - Lancaster University
Undergraduate modules | University of Exeter Business School | University of Exeter
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending