The Student Room Group

Selection Interview for the RAF: Photographer. Trade sponsor and training?!

Hi,
I've got my selection interview coming up and I can't find anything about Photographer Trade Training/Sponsor, and I'd really like to be able to show that I've gone out my way to find out extra info but there's nothing online so I was wondering if anyone could help me out please.
Thank you!
You'd probably have been better posting this off in the jobs/careers section.
I must admit, after a fairly quick Google search, you seem to be correct about there not being much info out there on the trade training. It looks like it's at RAF Cosford & lasts for 6 months but I don't know how up to date that info is.
I'm in the RAF as an FOA & until about 2 months ago I'd never even met an RAF photographer so it must be a small trade.
The best way to discover what they do is take visit to a photography section on an RAF base. This will enlighten you & ensure you look great in your interview when they ask you what research you've done.
The only thing I've seen them do is passport/ID pics so I'm not a good person to ask.
Reply 2
Thank you. Yeah I've looked on the Cosford page and nothing is there. My friend put me in contact with a RAF photographer but I've heard nothing back yet. It's a smaller trade than most haha. Thank you though!

Quick Reply

Latest