The Student Room Group

iGCSE triple science - how to revise?

Hi, I am taking Edexcel iGCSE triple science but I don't know the best methods to learn content and revise it - any tips? I need to cover as much content as I can and apply it too. Is it worth taking notes or should I just use a revision guide? I am aiming for all 9s - is it possible to get 9s just from using the revision notes on Save My Exams?
I took my own notes, by creating summary notes from save my exams, pmt, CGP guides and my class notes. I managed to fully cover the entire syllabus in a way that I would understand, which might work for you.
I then just completed lots of PMT and Save My Exams past papers and past paper topic questions, once I had learnt the content as much as possible, to ensure that my exam technique would greatly improve.
Original post by adk_09
Hi, I am taking Edexcel iGCSE triple science but I don't know the best methods to learn content and revise it - any tips? I need to cover as much content as I can and apply it too. Is it worth taking notes or should I just use a revision guide? I am aiming for all 9s - is it possible to get 9s just from using the revision notes on Save My Exams?

Hey! I would defo recommend using the PMT past paper exam questions- they got me from a 5 to an 8 in my bio mock exams. In my case, I wrote the questions I didn't know the answer to for each individual topic, and got someone to test me on them about five times over about a week or two. BUT I cannot say for sure if this will work in the real GCSEs as they were both obviously past papers, but it is a very good way to revise missed out content and potential differently worded exam questions.
Another thing is, is that in the mock that I got a 5 in, I had only revised content and not exam material, so practising exam questions rather than just learning and writing notes is a better way to boost your grades!

Quick Reply

Latest