The Student Room Group

What do you think of the Porsche 911 ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagicNMedicine
Maybe because he likes cars and on the motoring section there are other people that like cars?

Just because its a student forum and most users can't afford to buy a Porsche now doesn't mean they can't be interested in cars.

You get some primary school children who are really in to cars and could tell you everything there is to know about a Porsche.

Well, you don't actually know the reason why I asked this question. Also, apologies - I didn't realise it was in the motoring section.
Reply 21
Original post by Awesome Genius
See my dilemma right now, is to keep my order for an BMW m4 or go for the very basic new Carrera. And that would be a car with hardly any of the options etc.

Im glad you said this, because I am sure there is a feeling among the Porsche community that the base models are pretty pointless and its only when you get to the GT3/Turbo that the cars are worthwhile.

I agree the exact same. Congratulations on your new car order too btw! Trust me the M4 is brilliant. The speed, looks, noise, interior is even amazing - not a typical bmw interior. The more time you spend with it the even better you will like it.

What sort of order is it? Any specs or new colours???
Reply 22
Didn't find mine that exciting.
Won't be having another.
Original post by Jeff548
Yet the M4 absolutely RAPES every porsche 911 in terms of speed and lap times. Except the high end supercars like the 911 turbo or the 918 spyder.
The C63 is also faster than most porsche's but it is too out of control!

I am a huge BMW ///M fan especially of the M5, despite this, I do really like a Porsche 911 turbo, cayman gts and the 918 spyder.

All of the affordable Porsche's are pretty crap like all the Carerra's, pure girls car and no sense to change the shape.

LOL r u mad?

Carrera S rapes the M4 and this

Imo

GT4/Carrera S >>> C63 > M4.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jeff548
I agree the exact same. Congratulations on your new car order too btw! Trust me the M4 is brilliant. The speed, looks, noise, interior is even amazing - not a typical bmw interior. The more time you spend with it the even better you will like it.

What sort of order is it? Any specs or new colours???

In Tanz Blue! :biggrin:
Original post by JC.
Didn't find mine that exciting.
Won't be having another.

Which one did you have?
Why did you not find it exciting? What are you comparing it to?
Personally, I think that because they never really change the looks that much, there just seem to be loads on the road.

And its not the kind of car id take a picture of. Its just not that interesting. I have respect for the car but don't think "wow - that looks awesome" each time I see one.

It's a classic. Possibly the most iconic sports car ever! :biggrin:

But yeah it's not the best looking car in the world (that's why it doesn't stand out like an M4 for example). To me, the way a car looks is just as important as what it's like to drive :yep:
Reply 27
Original post by Anonynmous
LOL r u mad?

Carrera S rapes the M4 and this

Imo

GT4/Carrera S >>> C63 > M4.

a carrerra S is abattle for a M4 competition package not a normal. And even the normal is just a few mph behind the Carrera S.
The Gt4 imo is still ugly as f. It looks the same as ALL porsche's. CHANGE THE BLOODY STYLING! I would be embarrassed driving one of those.

///M POWER ALWAYS WINS :smile:
Reply 28

In Tanz Blue! :biggrin:

Very Nice
Original post by Jeff548
a carrerra S is abattle for a M4 competition package not a normal. And even the normal is just a few mph behind the Carrera S.
The Gt4 imo is still ugly as f. It looks the same as ALL porsche's. CHANGE THE BLOODY STYLING! I would be embarrassed driving one of those.

///M POWER ALWAYS WINS :smile:

Each to their own lool. I still think the GT4 and all the other porsches look great.
Original post by Anonynmous
Each to their own lool. I still think the GT4 and all the other porsches look great.

yeah they do look good tbh, definitely a good-looking car.

Anyway, my other problem with them is

so many like, head teachers or senior plumbers save up all their life to buy one. So invariably when you look inside, they're being driven by 70 year olds. Thats not true for C63s/M4s which are usually driven by young ********s.
Good but for practicality would prefer a 4 door car
One does not speak of the 911 as if it is an important car... Unless you're a hamster.

Frankly, if I was going to throw close to 100k at a car, I'd get a fully specced Tesla...
Porsche's for some reason seem much less exotic than ferrari/lambos.
What about these kind of pics?
IMG_0499.jpg
Original post by College_Dropout
What about these kind of pics?
IMG_0499.jpg

can't afford a turbo lol

I agree Porsche 911 Turbo is the ultimate practical sports car.
I think it's an explosively good deal :colone:
i think... cunning software
Reply 38
Which one did you have?
Why did you not find it exciting? What are you comparing it to?

'81 3.0 SC and a 996.
Very forgetable.

Comparing it to? Allsorts... I've had 70+ cars. :wink:
in my area i don't waste my memory on my camera for less than £110k retail per base rate cars

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending