The Student Room Group

UCL postgraduate applicants 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by ravemaedchen
Oh my god...the suspense is killing me. Honestly. It might not seem like long but have been waiting since early march...have even applied to other uni's since I think they've already sent the offers to those with the top marks. I mean, at least you got an e-mail you're on the wait list. I'm getting no communication of progress whatsoever.

Hello

Have you tried calling them - I did and they updated my status the same evening.

Good luck!
Reply 581
Original post by h_r49
Hello

Have you tried calling them - I did and they updated my status the same evening.

Good luck!

Did you end up getting an offer?
Reply 582
Original post by nw92
Hi there, I emailed and just received updated info from Hannah."The Programme Director is currently ranking the waiting list, but there are only 15 applicants on it. I will let you know your rank ASAP.The rolling basis is based on current offer holders dropping out, we will then take applicants from the waiting list and make them an offer."Guess it's 15 of us now.

I asked for my rank, but haven't heard back so far ... did you?
Reply 583
Original post by s_lee03
I asked for my rank, but haven't heard back so far ... did you?

Nah, still waiting, should be awhile I think.
Does anyone know when the fees are due? Do we have to pay 100% of the fee prior to enrolment or can it be scheduled in instalments?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

Congratulations to those of y'all with offers!

I'm new to TSR, but I received (and accepted) an unconditional offer on the MA course in Comparative Art & Archaeology. Any other Institute of Archaeology folks around?

I'm from the US and just a bit terrified about moving to and living in London. I'm thinking of applying for UCL accommodation but I dunno if that means I'll be living with undergrads. Does anyone know what it's like?

Anyway, good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear back! 😊
Original post by souman
Does anyone know when the fees are due? Do we have to pay 100% of the fee prior to enrolment or can it be scheduled in instalments?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! This is from their website:

Students can pay in two equal instalments; the first before or at enrolment, the second by 1 February 2017. No charge is made for paying in instalments, and no more than two instalments are permitted. No discount is offered for paying in full at the start of your programme.
Original post by Mangoji
Hi! This is from their website:

Students can pay in two equal instalments; the first before or at enrolment, the second by 1 February 2017. No charge is made for paying in instalments, and no more than two instalments are permitted. No discount is offered for paying in full at the start of your programme.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wanderings
Hello!

Congratulations to those of y'all with offers!

I'm new to TSR, but I received (and accepted) an unconditional offer on the MA course in Comparative Art & Archaeology. Any other Institute of Archaeology folks around?

I'm from the US and just a bit terrified about moving to and living in London. I'm thinking of applying for UCL accommodation but I dunno if that means I'll be living with undergrads. Does anyone know what it's like?

Anyway, good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear back! 😊

Hey! Im a undergrad going to the instate; Hopefully, this year. From what Ive read the halls/houses seem to be mixed and if its a age thing your worried about a mate of mine's is going and she's 25. Best of luck and hope that helps :smile:
Reply 589
Hi everyone, i want to ask you some questions. I got an email from programme director, he said that

''It would be appreciated if you could complete and send your essay by email, as a Word document attachment to the email address provided below, within one month of the date of this letter, following which a decision concerning your application can be made quickly. I very much look forward to receiving your essay.'' Do you think that i have any chance to accepted to this programme? By the way, i am an oversea student.
Original post by blu_blu
Hi everyone, i want to ask you some questions. I got an email from programme director, he said that

''It would be appreciated if you could complete and send your essay by email, as a Word document attachment to the email address provided below, within one month of the date of this letter, following which a decision concerning your application can be made quickly. I very much look forward to receiving your essay.'' Do you think that i have any chance to accepted to this programme? By the way, i am an oversea student.

He's being polite. He isn't saying that you'll get in or that you'll get rejected.
Reply 591
Original post by Incongruous
Yes. I've applied and been offered a place.

did u going through some interview?
how long does it takes for them to give u an offer?
Original post by Deshane
did u going through some interview?
how long does it takes for them to give u an offer?

I applied Novembet and received my reply by the end of Jan.
There are no interviews for any of the CS Taught PG courses.
Original post by blu_blu

I also got a similar email by a TA
Who else is expecting to hear by "the deadline" of May 5?
Original post by ashbatch
I've been accepted for MSc Prenatal Genetics And Fetal Medicine, anyone else? I can't wait to start!

Hey I've been accepted for the same degree as well :biggrin: I also got an offer from Imperial for MSc in Reproductive and Developmental Biology, still not decided which one to take tho :/
Reply 596
Original post by ravemaedchen
I also got a similar email by a TA

Hi ravemaedchen,
Which course did you applied? I try to write an essay, but it is a little bit difficult for me. What about you?
Looks like I'll be coming here for the MArch at the Bartlett in September. Where do people tend to live?
Original post by blu_blu
Hi ravemaedchen,
Which course did you applied? I try to write an essay, but it is a little bit difficult for me. What about you?

I applied to Bartlett but I got asked questions actually which made it easier to answer.
Reply 599
Fee Status question I'm putting out there - wondering if anyone can help?:

I'm a EU citizen (Spain) but I've been working in Asia for the past 5 years. I received an offer for my MSc but they have put me down in the "Overseas" fee status.. I've been reading up and it all comes down to what you have down as Habitual / Permanent residence.. Apparently temporary absence for work is permitted, but the regulations seem very vague about all this.. I've spoken to people through various sources and it honestly feels like it comes down to a "case by case" basis which seems massively unfair. It's 9k versus 23k which is a MASSIVE difference

Anyone gone through this or is in the midst of speaking to Admissions? Any clues as to what is the best strategy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending