The Student Room Group

A question for those who did AS exam re-sits?

I'm currently in year 13, due to sit my A level exams in June/July next year. My predicted grades are ABB - that's if I resit 3 exams and work hard, which I am willing to do.

I'm resitting an Edexcel Biology Unit 2 paper, and two Edexcel History papers (Russian Revolution and World War 1). I'm doing English Lit, Biology and History at A2.

My teachers have no qualms with me re-sitting papers, I'm just a little worried that the 2 history papers are going to be hindering to my performance.

I've pretty much got to self-teach all my AS history content, it might not be that hard seeing as I've already done it. But, for those that had to 're-learn' stuff from AS through self teaching, how hard was it? Did you just start towards the end of the academic year or have you started ASAP?

Oh and if anyone has exam dates for the following exams that'd be real helpful;

- AQA English Literature
- Edexcel History
- Edexcel Biology

Z
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by ZakMoon

- AQA English Literature
- Edexcel History
- Edexcel Biology

Just look on the exam board websites. The dates are all there for next year.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in a similar situation, I had 5 resits. What I found was that with subjects like history its best to do it as you go along. If you leave it all to a few weeks before exams it's really difficult to cram in all the information. I suggest you make a plan for every week and that way you have concisely spread out what revision you need to do for each resit, then before your exams you will have covered all the content you would've needed too.

I spent the first few months doing it once every week. But then in the middle I had so much A2 work I found it difficult to be able to handle AS and A2 studying. So I was cramming content for the last few weeks before the exams, on top of that I didn't get much time to do exam questions. That's one other mistake I made. :no: Make sure you do a few exam questions every week.
Original post by ZakMoon
I'm currently in year 13, due to sit my A level exams in June/July next year. My predicted grades are ABB - that's if I resit 3 exams and work hard, which I am willing to do.

I'm resitting an Edexcel Biology Unit 2 paper, and two Edexcel History papers (Russian Revolution and World War 1). I'm doing English Lit, Biology and History at A2.

My teachers have no qualms with me re-sitting papers, I'm just a little worried that the 2 history papers are going to be hindering to my performance.

I've pretty much got to self-teach all my AS history content, it might not be that hard seeing as I've already done it. But, for those that had to 're-learn' stuff from AS through self teaching, how hard was it? Did you just start towards the end of the academic year or have you started ASAP?

- AQA English Literature
- Edexcel History
- Edexcel Biology

Z

You should already know the stuff, seeing as you spent a year on it. You'll also use most of it this year.
Reply 5
Original post by morgan8002
You should already know the stuff, seeing as you spent a year on it. You'll also use most of it this year.

Not using the stuff we did last year in this year at all.. for some reason we had the wise idea of learning about 17th century England.

Quick Reply

Latest