The Student Room Group

I feel like a potato

Everyone else is getting there uni offers back or about to apply for uni. All my friends are so smart and everyone around me in class whenever I hear them talking about what they're results were and what they need for uni it makes me feel like crap. I'm not going to uni next year but I'm applying anyway INCASE I change my mind, I barely have the minimum requirements for most of the courses I'm applying for. I hate school so much and I feel like a dumb **** and I don't know what to do anymore because school is stressful and being at home is stressful. All my friends are so smart I feel like I got the lowest grades in the whole year why am I still even around I should just give up. what should I do? Does anyone have any advice on how to make the last year of school as stress free as possible..
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Everyone else is getting there uni offers back or about to apply for uni. All my friends are so smart and everyone around me in class whenever I hear them talking about what they're results were and what they need for uni it makes me feel like crap. I'm not going to uni next year but I'm applying anyway INCASE I change my mind, I barely have the minimum requirements for most of the courses I'm applying for. I hate school so much and I feel like a dumb **** and I don't know what to do anymore because school is stressful and being at home is stressful. All my friends are so smart I feel like I got the lowest grades in the whole year why am I still even around I should just give up. what should I do? Does anyone have any advice on how to make the last year of school as stress free as possible..

Hey,

Sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed at the moment.

What courses have you applied to? It sounds like maybe applying this year before you're 100% sure you want to go is making you more stressed out. You can always take a gap year and reapply next year when you've got your grades (way less stressful that way). I wasn't sure about uni either so I took a year out to work and travel a bit - saved some money for uni and felt more certain about exactly what I wanted to do. :smile:

From what you've said, right now it seems like your main focus needs to be on your A-levels. TSR has loads of helpful resources to help you: Study Planner, loads of revision tips and keeping de-stressed tips here, current year 13 chat thread and Study Help subject forums where you can get help with subjects you're finding tough.

Have you spoken to any of your tutors at sixth form about how you're feeling? They should be able to support you with your work :h:

Don't give up :dumbells:
I am a potato

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I am a potato

Twins:frown:
write music :wink:
I thought you were going to say you had golden-brown skin and were hot and consumable with butter :sexface:
Original post by WoodyMKC
I thought you were going to say you had golden-brown skin and were hot and consumable with butter :sexface:

I'm sorry to disappoint
Original post by shawn_o1
write music :wink:

I'd love to but I think it would be very depressing music haha
Original post by WoodyMKC

You're hitting on 17 (maybe 16?) yr old girls :erm:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You're hitting on 17 (maybe 16?) yr old girls :erm:

Who said I was hitting on anyone :lol: Just relayed my thoughts upon seeing the thread title, but clearly I was ill-informed :wink:
Original post by Wolfegirl98
I'd love to but I think it would be very depressing music haha

There's a reason why sad songs say so much:wink: you don't have to share your songs with everyone, just being able to express yourself is enough to relieve stress
Strippers earn good money and you don't need many qualifications :biggrin: (serious answer, inb4 ban)
Original post by SmellyProtein
Strippers earn good money and you don't need many qualifications :biggrin: (serious answer, inb4 ban)

No thanks that's not my kinda thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending