The Student Room Group

BSc Film and Television - York University

Dear all,

Last year I received an interview for the BSc Film and Television degree at York University. Unfortunately I did not receive an offer due arguably a lack of knowledge in respect of film theory.

I would therefore appreciate any advice about how I could approach this again. Similarly one of the questions I was asked during the interview was about a film I had watched, and I was requested I discuss it in further detail. I felt out of my depth, so I would appreciate any advice on this.

My interview letter at the time stated:

As you might expect, we will talk to you about your ambitions and aptitudes for the course. It’s also a chance for you to find out more about what we have to offer. But we also ask that you bring along an idea that you can ‘pitch’ to your interviewer(s). It can be anything that you feel strongly about an idea for a movie, a short film, a documentary, a game show format, etc. You should aim to pitch it in ten minutes or less. (No one will be penalised for brevity!) In short, we want to hear you tell a story with passion and with enthusiasm. We look forward to meeting you.

I realise it is just over a month before the UCAS deadline, so I would appreciate any advice sooner rather than later.

Many thanks
I can't give much advice about what to do. However, I am also applying to the course and would like to know more about the interview, is it hard etc?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank You
Hi
I've got an interview in a month. I have enrolled on a film theory course which has helped me. It might be a good thing to consider if possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending