The Student Room Group

Is this a lot to eat in one day?

I'm trying to cut back on my eating, and so far today I have eaten 1 weetabix, broccoli and carrots, soup and 1.5 wraps. Is this a lot? Not much? Or just about right?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1lastchance
I'm trying to cut back on my eating, and so far today I have eaten 1 weetabix, broccoli and carrots, soup and 1.5 wraps. Is this a lot? Not much? Or just about right?

If you're looking to lose mass or fat, then exercise is the most effective way of doing so.
Reply 2
Depends on your age/height. For me that is almost nothing as I'm tall and workout.
Reply 3
That sounds really healthy to me. The amount you eat all depends on your goals and your current body weight. A lot of diets recommend eating around 1200 calories per day in order to lose weight, however again this depends on your age, sex and current body weight.

The best policy is to eat when you are hungry but eat healthily, raw vegetables have next to no calories in them, so if you're feeling very hungry in between meals then that's the ideal snack :smile: Don't let yourself starve between meals because that will just make you unwell.

Also are you having dinner on top of what you've eaten today?
When I said what you've had sounds about right I was meaning if that's just breakfast and lunch, make sure you have some dinner as well :smile: Also breakfast is the most important meal of the day so maybe try having 2 weetabix instead of 1? You might find it actually makes you crave less snacks throughout the day :smile:
What's in the wrap? And it depends how much soup, etc. I'm trying to lose weight and aim for about 1550 calories a day. It works for me and I don't feel hungry if I eat that much. In fact, most days I struggle to eat that much.
Reply 5
Original post by hollyt93
That sounds really healthy to me. The amount you eat all depends on your goals and your current body weight. A lot of diets recommend eating around 1200 calories per day in order to lose weight, however again this depends on your age, sex and current body weight.

The best policy is to eat when you are hungry but eat healthily, raw vegetables have next to no calories in them, so if you're feeling very hungry in between meals then that's the ideal snack :smile: Don't let yourself starve between meals because that will just make you unwell.

When I said what you've had sounds about right I was meaning if that's just breakfast and lunch, make sure you have some dinner as well :smile: Also breakfast is the most important meal of the day so maybe try having 2 weetabix instead of 1? You might find it actually makes you crave less snacks throughout the day :smile:

That was what I have eaten in a whole day. Thanks for your advise. Maybe i will star eating 2 weetabix instead of One :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by hollyt93

That was what I have eaten in a whole day. Thanks for your advise. Maybe i will star eating 2 weetabix instead of One :smile:
Reply 7

yeah that sounds fine, maybe abit too much you could cut out the wrap, or make yourself sick each day.
Don't know your weight, exercise habits or such, but I think that's just a bit under what you should be eating a day in terms of having enough calories to function properly
Original post by IBIB
yeah that sounds fine, maybe abit too much you could cut out the wrap, or make yourself sick each day.

Agreed
Depending what was in the wrap, most likely not.

The recommended minimum calories per day is 1100 iirc, you should not be going lower than that unless you are severely overweight and a doctor has recommended you go on a very strict diet.
Reply 11

That's like the amount I have in a snack :colondollar:

Although I'm a little overweight, but I sit around doing nothing all day. So I guess if I was to actually exercise I wouldn't be so bad.

Oh I was thinking that was just your breakfast and lunch you had mentioned! I would try to even have a small dinner, if that's all you have to eat today you'll probably be absolutely starving later :frown:
Original post by TheScienceBoy
If you're looking to lose mass or fat, then exercise is the most effective way of doing so.

No it's not.

At OP: hard to say without knowing the contents of the wraps and the overall calories and nutritional content of your day along with your height, weight, gender, age and activity level.

Some wraps are high in calories and very nutritious, others...not so much.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by peanutbuttercup
Agreed

And this right here demonstrates exactly what I meant in reply to your thread about taking short cuts and doing ridiculous things to lose weight. Losing weight is not complicated, people just love to complicate it because they want to have it all.
Original post by IBIB

Obviously this is a terrible idea.

OP for me that amount of food is barely a snack to be honest, one Weetabix, some veg and soup is hardly anything, not enough info re: the wrap but I can't see that being much either. I would be eating a lot more than that.
Original post by SophieSmall
And this right here demonstrates exactly what I meant in reply to your thread about taking short cuts and doing ridiculous things to lose weight. Losing weight is not complicated, people just love to complicate it because they want to have it all.

I am obviously joking. No need to follow me around.
Reply 17
honestly man
check your BMR
and just eat 500 calories below that
go for a run 3 times a week at the local park
it ain't that hard
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I am obviously joking. No need to follow me around.

I didn't follow you, just happened to see you on this thread. And judging by some of your threads and comments it's not hard to see why someone would think it wasn't a joke and you were being serious.
Download the Myfitnesspal App, it will be a BIG help for tracking calories for losing, maintaining or gaining weight. Trust me.

Quick Reply

Latest