The Student Room Group

Parents Don't Let Me Wear Makeup?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ripper Phoenix
haha well if they dont understand even after you have put your point out there then sorry you just have to deal with it

Well...yea, that's...kinda my point :erm: that there is no convincing, hence me mentioning perhaps it's cultural? You can't convince someone against culture; this isn't telly like Bend It Like Beckham. Some people die trying to escape unreasonably strict families; ie: suicide. :erm:

Or simply...her parents are morons?

But I'm guessing you understand my point.
Original post by Maggie_O
Well...yea, that's...kinda my point :erm: that there is no convincing, hence me mentioning perhaps it's cultural? You can't convince someone against culture; this isn't telly like Bend It Like Beckham. Some people die trying to escape unreasonably strict families; ie: suicide. :erm:

Or simply...her parents are morons?

But I'm guessing you understand my point.

yeah some culturally driven parents are just too much lol.. tbh then there's nothing OP can do then i guess..

since OP is probably a girl she ought to talk to whichever parent she is closer to (usually the mother for girls i think)
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
yeah some culturally driven parents are just too much lol.. tbh then there's nothing OP can do then i guess..

since OP is probably a girl she ought to talk to whichever parent she is closer to (usually the mother for girls i think)

No, not the mother. :zomg: Not for most teenage women. Normally the mother is the annoying one. Uncouth and unreasonably protective to where it becomes controlling and borderline pathological. Then trying to show "who's the woman." This is why it's good to have two parents in the home.
Original post by girlygirl123
Guys my parents are really unreasonable they're not even letting me wear mascara and as I'm in sixth form now all the other girls wear makeup and I feel so left out and I just really want to wear makeup :frown:

Are you moving away for uni? at least they won't tell you, you can't wear it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending