The Student Room Group

What should I drop? Quick reply please:)

Hey,

For A-levels, I am currently doing History, Maths, Psychology and R.S. I'm aspiring to do law and really want some advice on which A-level to drop at the end of A-S.
All advice appreciated,

Thank you:smile:
Original post by Hasanalm
Hey,

For A-levels, I am currently doing History, Maths, Psychology and R.S. I'm aspiring to do law and really want some advice on which A-level to drop at the end of A-S.
All advice appreciated,

R.S, Maths is less related to your university course, but it's more valued and opens up many more courses just in case something happens:smile:
Hey,

All advice appreciated,

Which of these are the new linear specs? Are you allowed to drop the new linear specs at your school? New AS levels don't contribute to your A levels grade.

I would check out the uni websites to see which are preferred.
Hey,

All advice appreciated,

Surely you have plenty of time to decide. Most schools don't require you to decide which one you are dropping until near the end of AS or results day.
I study law

I would say to drop RS
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
Surely you have plenty of time to decide. Most schools don't require you to decide which one you are dropping until near the end of AS or results day.

Psychology and History are Linear courses, So if I were to only do the A-S for them, they will not count to the A-level. So I need to decide like now on which subjects I will be dropping at the end.
Reply 6
Drop the pilot.
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
Which of these are the new linear specs? Are you allowed to drop the new linear specs at your school? New AS levels don't contribute to your A levels grade.

I would check out the uni websites to see which are preferred.

History and Psychology are the new Linear specs. That's why I need to decide on which one I have to drop as If I were to drop one of them, I will have to be entered for the AS exams in summer. If not, then I will just do all the exams at the end of 2 years.
History and Psychology are the new Linear specs. That's why I need to decide on which one I have to drop as If I were to drop one of them, I will have to be entered for the AS exams in summer. If not, then I will just do all the exams at the end of 2 years.

OK - some schools aren't offering one year AS on the new specificaions so I thought I'd check.

Look on uni websites and, if that doesn't help, keep the ones you enjoy most and which you think you'll get good grades in.
Hey,

All advice appreciated,

Drop R.S

Quick Reply

Latest