The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Enrollment

So, I chose Durham as my firm choice on UCAS this week and I'm wondering when and if I recieve something from Durham that sets up my enrollment in classes and gives me more information on everything. I'm just a bit confused when I actually enroll in everything and order my preliminary reading books, etc. If anyone knows please tell me, by the way I'm going to major in Politics if that matters.
Reply 1
castudent
So, I chose Durham as my firm choice on UCAS this week and I'm wondering when and if I recieve something from Durham that sets up my enrollment in classes and gives me more information on everything. I'm just a bit confused when I actually enroll in everything and order my preliminary reading books, etc. If anyone knows please tell me, by the way I'm going to major in Politics if that matters.

End of August - Durham don't send any information out until all the places have been confirmed, which is after people in the UK get their A-level results (around 16th August).

You'll get all the info about your college then, however signing up for your modules you don't actually do until you get TO Durham in October, so you don't have to worry about anything until then :smile:

Oh yeah, there is no preliminary reading, unless you are told otherwise, but I'm sure you won't be.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
dobbs
End of August - Durham don't send any information out until all the places have been confirmed, which is after people in the UK get their A-level results (around 16th August).

You'll get all the info about your college then, however signing up for your modules you don't actually do until you get TO Durham in October, so you don't have to worry about anything until then :smile:

Oh yeah, there is no preliminary reading, unless you are told otherwise, but I'm sure you won't be.

You gotta love Durham for that.
Reply 3
If you can't pick up to speed when you're here then there's an argument that you shouldn't be there anyway.
Reply 4
I got preliminary "questions" but I didn't really do them and I don't think many others did either.
Reply 5
Christo
I got preliminary "questions" but I didn't really do them and I don't think many others did either.

What type of questions?
Reply 6
all unis have a reading list for english dont they??

although im doing english and durham havent sent me anything yet... There's always books you are recommended to read so youdont have tonnes of books to read when you're there and so that you're already familiar with some authors.

any english students know about this?
Reply 7
Oh well if you came to that open day then they recommend u read all the starred books before u come to durham, and definetly read all the ones ur going to be lectured in during ur first term. problem is the list they gave us is last years, ours isnt released til after exam results, so we've just gota hope they dont change it too much or we're gona hav to read a lot during september!!! xxxxx
WokSz
What type of questions?

A booklet of maths questions, I think most people had a look but we were never asked for it, and I doubt anyone actually did them all.
Reply 9
lucy0703
Oh well if you came to that open day then they recommend u read all the starred books before u come to durham, and definetly read all the ones ur going to be lectured in during ur first term. problem is the list they gave us is last years, ours isnt released til after exam results, so we've just gota hope they dont change it too much or we're gona hav to read a lot during september!!! xxxxx

coolio. btw i dont hav msn! :rolleyes:

Latest