The Student Room Group

ISIS issue fatwa to kill babies and children with down syndrome.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmazingArry
I know I was actually crying when I read the article. I really wish , if there's a God, he'd unleash his wrath on those a holes. Killing children, is mental, truly ****ing mental and appalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope they die a slow and very painful death. Daesh are only tough when there's unarmed women and children around
Original post by a noble chance
Enough with this terrorist apologism. No-one is responsible for the actions of Daesh but Daesh.

So Jeremy Corbyn isn't responsible for them either.
Reply 142
Original post by QE2
ISIS follow the actual, documented Islam as well.
This is the problem. Islamic scripture allows the kind of things that ISIS are doing.

Read the Quran and the sunnah. It's all in there.

I appreciate that your interpretation of scripture is different to theirs, but that does not mean that yours is the only interpretation available.

Right my friend, since you supposedly have such vast knowledge of Islam, I kindly request you to provide the relevant quotations from the Quran to back up your statements. Merely making false statements is insignificant. I reiterate Islam is a religion of peace and the evil actions of Daesh are in no way representative of Islam. If you require further understanding or wish to discuss this further please feel free to ask me.

:smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I hope they die a slow and very painful death. Daesh are only tough when there's unarmed women and children around

I agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Awais_
Right my friend, since you supposedly have such vast knowledge of Islam, I kindly request you to provide the relevant quotations from the Quran to back up your statements. Merely making false statements is insignificant. I reiterate Islam is a religion of peace and the evil actions of Daesh are in no way representative of Islam. If you require further understanding or wish to discuss this further please feel free to ask me.

Apart from the fact that he's right, and Islam is an intrinsically dangerous and violent religion. It is absolutely all there in the Qur'an. There's even a passage somewhere in Islamic scripture which tells of how Muhammad raped his underage wife as his soldiers forced 700 Jews to dig trenches, before beheading them all and pushing their bodies into the pits. This is synonymous with a Nazi execution method.

Instead of defending a religion which, at it's very core, teaches it's followers to aggressively evangelise and kill anybody who stands in it's way, people need to realise that the reason these terror groups keep forming is that their religion allows them to. Funny how you don't see Buddhists filling civilians with shrapnel.

But don't take this the wrong way- I don't have a problem with Muslims. I understand that the vast majority of Islamic people would never actually engage in violent behaviour towards civilians. But we can't continue to think that Islam is peaceful, when it undoubtedly isn't. Look how violent the Middle East is today. Now think back to around 1450 years ago, when Islam was first founded. The Middle East may not have physically changed a lot since then, but it was certainly even more violent. Constant wars, the rise and fall of empires... practically nowhere in the entire world had human rights back then (maybe no countries did, I'm not sure). My point is this;

Islam was made up at a time much more violent than today, in a world with different attitudes to human life. It should have stayed there. But I don't discriminate- Christianity should have stayed there, too. Believe what you want, but know this- there is no place for religion in civilised society. It is a primitive belief system made to explain things which science had not then explained itself. But now our knowledge is changing, and while we still don't understand the origin of the Universe (although we will before too long, and it certainly won't be a God, imo it will be related to latent energies and some sort of fluctuation in one of the 26 dimensions (or 11, if you're a non-believer :P ) which allowed the initial conversion of energy-mass).

But I digress, what I'm trying to say is that all across the world people still stand up for religion, despite the fact that there is insurmountable evidence showing that all it has done is cause war throughout history. That is it's sole purpose. We have to realise that.
Reply 145
Original post by Cpt. Josh
Apart from the fact that he's right, and Islam is an intrinsically dangerous and violent religion. It is absolutely all there in the Qur'an. There's even a passage somewhere in Islamic scripture which tells of how Muhammad raped his underage wife as his soldiers forced 700 Jews to dig trenches, before beheading them all and pushing their bodies into the pits. This is synonymous with a Nazi execution method.

Instead of defending a religion which, at it's very core, teaches it's followers to aggressively evangelise and kill anybody who stands in it's way, people need to realise that the reason these terror groups keep forming is that their religion allows them to. Funny how you don't see Buddhists filling civilians with shrapnel.

But don't take this the wrong way- I don't have a problem with Muslims. I understand that the vast majority of Islamic people would never actually engage in violent behaviour towards civilians. But we can't continue to think that Islam is peaceful, when it undoubtedly isn't. Look how violent the Middle East is today. Now think back to around 1450 years ago, when Islam was first founded. The Middle East may not have physically changed a lot since then, but it was certainly even more violent. Constant wars, the rise and fall of empires... practically nowhere in the entire world had human rights back then (maybe no countries did, I'm not sure). My point is this;

Islam was made up at a time much more violent than today, in a world with different attitudes to human life. It should have stayed there. But I don't discriminate- Christianity should have stayed there, too. Believe what you want, but know this- there is no place for religion in civilised society. It is a primitive belief system made to explain things which science had not then explained itself. But now our knowledge is changing, and while we still don't understand the origin of the Universe (although we will before too long, and it certainly won't be a God, imo it will be related to latent energies and some sort of fluctuation in one of the 26 dimensions (or 11, if you're a non-believer :P ) which allowed the initial conversion of energy-mass).

But I digress, what I'm trying to say is that all across the world people still stand up for religion, despite the fact that there is insurmountable evidence showing that all it has done is cause war throughout history. That is it's sole purpose. We have to realise that.

Hey,

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, however, I can assure you what you've said is false and Islam really is a religion of peace. First of all, Muslims believe the Quran is the word of God. Now, since you've made what I called false statements, you also have misconceptions of the religion of Islam, which are commonly used by Islam haters to attack the religion, I asked in my OP to be provided with relevant quotations from the Quran to back up the statements made which you've failed to do suggesting you're unable to do so.
Original post by Awais_
Hey,

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, however, I can assure you what you've said is false and Islam really is a religion of peace. First of all, Muslims believe the Quran is the word of God. Now, since you've made what I called false statements, you also have misconceptions of the religion of Islam, which are commonly used by Islam haters to attack the religion, I asked in my OP to be provided with relevant quotations from the Quran to back up the statements made which you've failed to do suggesting you're unable to do so.

You essentially saying "don't worry about all the terrorists, I assure you it's all good" does not reassure me. You're undermining your own argument. You're not providing me with any evidence to show that Islam is not dangerous. Apparently I have nothing to back up what I'm saying, yet I've made many points which are facts, and do not need to be supported by quotes from the Qu'ran. As for the comment I made about the trench incident, you can find that in the scripture if you go and look for it. I'm not going to do that because I don't have time to search the Qu'ran to prove something which I know to be true.

You say that I have many misconceptions of Islam. What have I said which is not true?
Reply 147
Original post by Cpt. Josh
You essentially saying "don't worry about all the terrorists, I assure you it's all good" does not reassure me. You're undermining your own argument. You're not providing me with any evidence to show that Islam is not dangerous. Apparently I have nothing to back up what I'm saying, yet I've made many points which are facts, and do not need to be supported by quotes from the Qu'ran. As for the comment I made about the trench incident, you can find that in the scripture if you go and look for it. I'm not going to do that because I don't have time to search the Qu'ran to prove something which I know to be true.

You say that I have many misconceptions of Islam. What have I said which is not true?

Right, hold your horses! No need to put words in my mouth. You want evidence Islam isn't dangerous, fine. You failed to back up your points, which were false, hence the reason you were unable to do so. They're not facts and since you refuse to provide evidence by saying you "don't need to" just demonstrates how weak of an argument (if you can call it that) you hold.

Islam teaches Love, Tolerance and Freedom of Religion.

Quotes from the Quran:

Peace is the cornerstone
“O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace (Islam). Do not follow in the footsteps of satan. He is an outright enemy to you.” (Holy Quran: 2, 208)

No one should be forced to believe in Islam
“There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Holy Quran: 2/ 256)

Freedom of thought and religion are paramount
"God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (Surat al-Mumtahana, 8)

That is why Muslims also treat Jews and Christians, described in the Qur’an as “the People of the Book,” with great justice, love and compassion.

Compete with each other in doing good
“We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God and He will inform you regarding the things about which you differed.” (Surat al-Ma’ida, 48)

“God does not love corruption”. (Surat al-Baqara, 205)

There are many other quotes too...
Reply 148
P.S. I don't really like to get involved in these kinds of religious threads, so I'll step back. :smile:
Anyway I recommend you do some research yourself and then see for yourself what kind of religion it is.
Reply 149
Original post by Awais_

We'll start with an easy one.

The Quran explains that the only lawful intercourse is with your wives or with your slaves (4:24, 23:6, 33:50, 70:30), the main source of slaves was captives from defeated opponents.

There are sahih hadith where Muhammad gives permission for his companions to have sex with their captives. (Bukhari 62:137, 34:432)

ISIS take slaves from defeated opponents and use them for sex.

Therefore, on the issue of slavery and sex slaves, ISIS are using the permissions and examples set out in the Quran and sunnah (note: I am not claiming that it is compulsory, just that it is allowed).

If you require further understanding or wish to discuss this further please feel free to ask me.
Original post by Awais_
That is why Muslims also treat Jews and Christians, described in the Qur’an as “the People of the Book,” with great justice, love and compassion.

http://quran.com/9/30 "The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?"

'May Allah destroy them'. Wow, just feel the great love! Feel the great compassion! There's also the problem that Allah clearly does not understand either religion, claiming that Jews say Allah has a son (nonsense) and elsewhere that Mary is part of the Holy Trinity. And why is Allah suddenly talking about himself in the third person here? Isn't he narrating the quran?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending