The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Admissions for BSc in Film and Television Production

I'm looking at York for Film and Television as I want to study this at other universities as well. However, I got four grades lower than the requirement, as I already have my results.
Looking at unistats though, 6% of the people on that course got my amount of UCAS points or lower. I have extra points because of extra-curricular activities that are related to this course.
Is it worth applying? It'd be the highest ranking university I'm applying for, and I have so much experience in the actual field of work - if I could prove that to them, do you think they'd give me the same leniency as they gave other students in previous years? I saw on the website they take your entire application into consideration, especially if you fall outside their normal requirements of AAA-BBB for all courses.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by theatreaf
I'm looking at York for Film and Television as I want to study this at other universities as well. However, I got four grades lower than the requirement, as I already have my results.
Looking at unistats though, 6% of the people on that course got my amount of UCAS points or lower. I have extra points because of extra-curricular activities that are related to this course.
Is it worth applying? It'd be the highest ranking university I'm applying for, and I have so much experience in the actual field of work - if I could prove that to them, do you think they'd give me the same leniency as they gave other students in previous years? I saw on the website they take your entire application into consideration, especially if you fall outside their normal requirements of AAA-BBB for all courses.

Hi there,

The admissions tutors on the York BSc in Film and Television production read all applications in detail.

Every year there are instances where students are made an offer of AAB but whose achievement falls below that level. In many such cases we are not able to confirm the offer but in some cases there are particular circumstances where we feel the applicant’s overall profile is strong enough to still qualify for a place.

I hope this supplies some insight into the historic figures quoted on Unistats.

With regard to this year. Competition for the York BSc is extremely high, and the number of applicants is increasing year on year. We are pleased that so many students find what we have to offer attractive. A consequence of this is that more and more students are offering AAB grades or better and therefore we have more potential entrants than places. This is why we interview so many highly-placed candidates, to ensure they will thrive on our programme and have the best possible experience.

I hope this clarifies the position and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Ed Braman
Admissions Tutor
BSc in Film and Television Production
University of York
York
Hey OP, was just wondering if you applied and got into your course?
I really want to apply for it but I have BCC in unrelated subjects, and an A in AS media. Pretty sure I'd like York as my first choice but really don't think I'd be accepted. Just wondering how you got along?

Frankly, I think AAB for an arts course is absolutely ludicrous! I got into a science degree for less than that and did very well... but that's how the Russell Group cookie crumbles I guess :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending