The Student Room Group

Applying to a new course whilst on temporary withdrawal?

Hi there, I am currently in the process of taking a temporary withdrawal from my current university because I do not enjoy the course. I was just wondering how do I go about applying to a new course once my temporary withdrawal is approved? how will I get a reference if I'm not at college any more?

Cheers in advance.
Reply 1
Do you have a personal tutor or lecturer on your current course who could write you a reference?
Reply 2
Original post by fc93
Do you have a personal tutor or lecturer on your current course who could write you a reference?

No I've only been here for 2 months so that wouldn't really work
Reply 3
Original post by TouchtheOoo
No I've only been here for 2 months so that wouldn't really work

That's fair enough. Would your college not be prepared to write you a reference? Assuming they wrote it for your current course and you didn't leave ages ago?

Sorry to not be more help. I hope someone can give you more information about this. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TouchtheOoo
Hi there, I am currently in the process of taking a temporary withdrawal from my current university because I do not enjoy the course. I was just wondering how do I go about applying to a new course once my temporary withdrawal is approved? how will I get a reference if I'm not at college any more?

Cheers in advance.

Try to speak to someone in years 2 and 3. They may be able to shed more light on why the course is so bad. Let as many people know as possible. Students are sometime their own worst enemies.
If you don`t take action now, you may regret for the rest of your life. What do you stand to gain by pressing on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending