The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've got my offer for adult nursing for this September. I've applied for Victoria halls and Charlotte court!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Rose1010
Hey, ill be studying in city campus September and was wondering where the best accommodations are if your thinking about located very close to restaurant bars ect but also modern and not too far away to walk to uni? any suggestions?

Hi Rose

There are a range of accommodations around the city centre that are between 5-20 minutes walk from City Campus. Most accommodations are within walking distance from one another.
I personally lived in Central Quay in my first year. It is about a 15 minute walk from City Campus and has a fantastic social aspect to it. It's situated near Kelham Island; which has its own pubs and brewery. Other great ones near City Campus are The Forge, Trigon, Devonshire Courtyard, Victoria Halls and Fenton House. Most bars and restaurants are about 5 minutes from City Campus as well so everything really is nearby! You can find the full range of accommodations here. Hope that's helpful and feel free to ask any other questions about Sheffield Hallam University. :u:

Ash
Student Ambassador
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
Hi, I think Fenton House looks brill but maybe a little out of my price range, what would be my next best option as Victoria Hall is already full?
Original post by thom.s
Hi, I think Fenton House looks brill but maybe a little out of my price range, what would be my next best option as Victoria Hall is already full?

Hi Thom,

Great to hear from you! We have a range accommodations across the city for you to choose from! I know the Forge is really popular and one of the biggest (if not the biggest!) halls of residence we have at Sheffield Hallam. The Forge is close to shops like Aldi and Waitrose and is an easy walk to both City and Collegiate Campus . Here is a link to the accommodation we have on offer, have a look and see what you think!

Get in touch if you have anymore questions :h:!!

Maya
(Student Ambassador)
Reply 44
Thank you! I visited Forge and I did like it quite a bit but I did think it was a little out of the way. What's the general idea of Devonshire Court? When I went the room we saw wasn't the nicest but I think he wasn't expecting to be showing anyone his flat that day but a lot of the reps of the other accommodations didn't rate it highly either. Other than that, I'd probably be looking at Trigon or Leadmill point.
Original post by thom.s
Thank you! I visited Forge and I did like it quite a bit but I did think it was a little out of the way. What's the general idea of Devonshire Court? When I went the room we saw wasn't the nicest but I think he wasn't expecting to be showing anyone his flat that day but a lot of the reps of the other accommodations didn't rate it highly either. Other than that, I'd probably be looking at Trigon or Leadmill point.

Hey Thom.s,

We know that The Forge can seem quite far away when you first visit the city and see where the campuses are, but it's not too far at all once you get here. I stayed there in my first year and it's a 10 minute walk to the city campus and it's in a good, safe area. I found that it was quite nice to be a little further away from the university's doorstep because sometimes you just don't want to be round the corner from the buildings you spend most of your time in. There's some great cafes, restaurants, takeaways, pubs etc. on the way to The Forge and good supermarkets around it too. I think it's a great location.

However, Devonshire Courtyard is also in a really great location, on the main student street in town and right on the doorstep to a park. There's a tesco and sainsburys, a taco bell, lots of cafes and vintage shops on that street and you're a few minutes walk onto the high street and into university. I don't think there's much difference between Devonshire Courtyard and The Forge in terms of the quality of accommodation, but it really is what you make of it. You can make your room your own and when you start to get into the swing of student life, you'll be in and out all the time anyway. Go with what your instinct tells you I reckon but you'll love it regardless :smile:

Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
Reply 46
Hiya i've just firmed to do midwifery here! I'm interested in Fenton house so if i book directly through the prodigy living website does that mean i'd be guaranteed a place there or is it the same concept as applying through the uni?
Original post by lcookie
Hiya i've just firmed to do midwifery here! I'm interested in Fenton house so if i book directly through the prodigy living website does that mean i'd be guaranteed a place there or is it the same concept as applying through the uni?

Hi,

Fantastic news, we think Sheffield is a great place to study! :biggrin:

We've spoken to our Accommodation team and they strongly advise that all students apply through Sheffield Hallam, as going direct to a residence doesn't ensure allocation with Sheffield Hallam students, or other first year students.

If you apply through Sheffield Hallam as a first year student, you'll also be guaranteed accommodation similar to your first choice, even if your first choice can't be fulfilled - but our Accommodation team do try their best! :colondollar:

Hope that helps!

Hannah
(Official TSR rep)
(edited 8 years ago)
hi, ive applied for accommodation in Victoria Hall and Devonshire Court, and I was wondering how likely getting a place in these accommodation would be? as I wont hear back till mid august, do they review the application sooner and reserve a room, or will they wait till I have the right grades? Thanks
Original post by elizabethRT
hi, ive applied for accommodation in Victoria Hall and Devonshire Court, and I was wondering how likely getting a place in these accommodation would be? as I wont hear back till mid august, do they review the application sooner and reserve a room, or will they wait till I have the right grades? Thanks
I have the same question! I've applied to both of those accommodations as well, I think that they wait until results day though, maybe a couple days later!
I've accepted my offer in games design and applied for Leadmill Point and Devonshire Courtyard
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ILikePasta
I've accepted my offer in games design and applied for liberty works and exchange works

Congrats on getting onto your course. Sheffield Hallam is a great university and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have for the past 2 years.

Ashleigh
(Student Ambassador)
I have applied for Victoria Halls and Fenton House for September 2016 (I applied in January and have accepted my unconditional offer). I am going to be a first year, are the chances high that I will be in a flat with at least 3 other people? Also, will I be living with other first years too? Would be nice to live with at least 3 or 4 others who are also first years.
Original post by damianshepherd
I have applied for Victoria Halls and Fenton House for September 2016 (I applied in January and have accepted my unconditional offer). I am going to be a first year, are the chances high that I will be in a flat with at least 3 other people? Also, will I be living with other first years too? Would be nice to live with at least 3 or 4 others who are also first years.

Hey Damian,

At Fenton House, almost all of the en suite flats contain 4 bedrooms (there are 5 that have either 3 beds or 5 beds).

So you're pretty much likely :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Prodigy Living
Hey Damian,

At Fenton House, almost all of the en suite flats contain 4 bedrooms (there are 5 that have either 3 beds or 5 beds).

So you're pretty much likely :smile:

What about Vic Halls?
Room available in 4 bedroom house, 75 Onslow Road
Due to a change of thought and other circumstances I am looking for someone to take over my contract for this house for 2016/7, would be sharing with one law student and two psychology students. The contract is from 1st july to february 2017 and is £87 a week all bills included, the contract is ideal for anyone planning to study abroad in semester 2
Original post by elizabethRT

Hello Elizabeth (and others!)

You will only receive your allocated accommodation when the university has received everyone's results and changed all accepted offers to unconditional. We're aware there will also be applicants who have already received unconditional offers, but the accommodation team will still wait until all accommodation applications are confirmed and the providers can work out how many students will be staying and how much space there is in each.

We know it's a long wait and it's such an exciting thing that you just want to know where you will be living, but the time will fly by - we promise! You will find out as soon as the accommodation is allocated.

Thanks,
Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
Hey, I have a question..
So I applied to Sheffield Hallam to study Criminology and Sociology and now I need to apply for accommodation.. but which one do I choose? which one is the best accommodation to stay in? Im looking for something that is ensuite, reasonable price, close to where i'll be studying and also, somewhere friendly:biggrin:
Please help as im really lost:/
Best Regards,
Karolina xo
How many accommodation choices can I make in my application?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BuzzyBeetle
Hey, I have a question..
So I applied to Sheffield Hallam to study Criminology and Sociology and now I need to apply for accommodation.. but which one do I choose? which one is the best accommodation to stay in? Im looking for something that is ensuite, reasonable price, close to where i'll be studying and also, somewhere friendly:biggrin:
Please help as im really lost:/
Best Regards,
Karolina xo

Heyy Karolina!

Great to hear from you! Choosing accommodation is difficult...but also very exciting!! I didn't live I halls my first year but I did visit many friends who did! We have a broad range of accommodation across the city so I am sure you will find the right place for you!! Here a link to the accommodation available so have a look through and see what you think! I had a couple of friends who lived in the Forge - its a big halls of residence in a great location for both campuses. The Forge is also close to a big Aldi and Waitrose which is very handy! Another friend lived in Trigon, they loved it and is very close City Campus! Get in touch if you have more questions :h:!!

Maya Rafferty
(Student Ambassador)

Latest

Trending

Trending