The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Computer Science Maths Test Content

I've been called back to complete an hour long Maths test as I didn't get the required B Grade at GCSE and I wanted to know what kind of things might come up? It's been 2 years since I've studied maths and I can't really remember much.
The test is on Jan 5, though I'll probably move it to a later date.
Any help will be much appreciated, and any brief GCSE Maths notes would be good, too.
it will probably be GCSE algebra topics. find a GCSE syllabus on the internet and work on the topics you don't understand
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by theloneegg
I've been called back to complete an hour long Maths test as I didn't get the required B Grade at GCSE and I wanted to know what kind of things might come up? It's been 2 years since I've studied maths and I can't really remember much.
The test is on Jan 5, though I'll probably move it to a later date.
Any help will be much appreciated, and any brief GCSE Maths notes would be good, too.

Hey i've also been called back for this maths test, but mines on the 13th January 2016 if you don't mind me asking what topics came up?

and any questions that you remember would also be helpful :P
Reply 3
Algebra and Geometry were the two topics I remember; some simultaneous equations, questions on logarithms, volume of shapes, sin/cos/tan, calculating percentages/decimals/fractions and circle area & pi to name a few.
I have an exam at the end of April can you clearly clarify of the topics that are likely to come up.
Reply 5
Original post by MoMo11111
I have an exam at the end of April can you clearly clarify of the topics that are likely to come up.

Topics that came up for me:

Logarithms
Simultaneous Equations
Deriving

Ahhh i cant think of any more i'll get back to you :smile:
Original post by FarzanaM
Topics that came up for me:

Logarithms
Simultaneous Equations
Deriving

Ahhh i cant think of any more i'll get back to you :smile:

Do you remember any more topics I have one on Wednesday I need to start revising.
Has anyone got a list of topics that came up recently for the queen mary maths test for comp sci. A list would be helpful not 1 or 2 topics.
Original post by HelloMyNameIs666
Has anyone got a list of topics that came up recently for the queen mary maths test for comp sci. A list would be helpful not 1 or 2 topics.

Hey! It might be worth checking this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2523094
-Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending