The Student Room Group

BMO2-28th January

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Renzhi10122
Yep, sooner than for BMO1. Hopefully, the UKMT office can type our marks into a spreadsheet quicker this time... So last year, more than 200 people took it (UKMT twitter iirc), so that's why the distinction mark was lower than 20.

Ah I see. The UKMT told me between 100 and 150 per year(emailed them last week).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Which questions did you try?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 and 4 I had semi-serious attempts that nevertheless didn't get too far

2 and 3 I just handed in some vague attempts for no reason. Then I spent like a quarter of an hour writing sarcastic comments on my answers to 2 and 3 because bantz

Posted from TSR Mobile
It makes me feel bad that this is labelled GCSE :cry2:
Original post by Mathemagicien
It makes me feel bad that this is labelled GCSE :cry2:

Blame @physicsmaths lol.
I wish that more people were into Maths. Not GCSE or A-Level, but UKMT style Maths. Can you imagine how great it would be if the Olmypiads were respected by students as well as academics?
I know that in China that their system is both very effective and not always correct, but wouldn't it be really great for doing Maths Olympiads because they are cool and interesting.
Just a discussion I was interested to have with others whom also participate in Olympiads whose views are actually informed.

Let the discussion begin!
Blame @physicsmaths lol.

Lol sorry lads 😂 I am not very clever other then being moderately good at maths. I can't even use TSR properly with 12k posts. Still don't know how to tag properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maths465Man
I wish that more people were into Maths. Not GCSE or A-Level, but UKMT style Maths. Can you imagine how great it would be if the Olmypiads were respected by students as well as academics?
I know that in China that their system is both very effective and not always correct, but wouldn't it be really great for doing Maths Olympiads because they are cool and interesting.
Just a discussion I was interested to have with others whom also participate in Olympiads whose views are actually informed.

Let the discussion begin!

Lol it wont happen. Olympiad maths shud be more respected. Although alot of people who can't do it (still mathmos at cambridge n others etc) shrug it off and say oh it is useless(just because they could not do it) but then ALOT of famous mathematicians now all went to the IMO and did well so I think there is a correlation(not between BMO1 but serious IMO contenders end up doing seriously well in Maths anyway). Gowers,Perelman,Tao etc etc.
I am just getting ready to say goodbye to Geometry as I now come to the end of 'Olympiad Geometry' and will do eliptic curves which probably will be fun. But circles come on, a good circle and a few triangles, brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh the list shud get released today.....

Gl mate

It's up!!!!!
Although alot of people who can't do it shrug it off and say oh it is useless(just because they could not do it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone in particular?
Original post by 123Master321
It's up!!!!!

Hurrah! Grats @physicsmaths and @SushiBunny
Well done everyone!
Do you guys know if anyone listed is around my age? (Year 10)
Original post by Maths465Man
Do you guys know if anyone listed is around my age? (Year 10)

Yes, but I'm not going to say who for obvious reasons.
Do you want to do over PM.
Congratulations @Renzhi10122@physicsmaths@SushiBunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:party::party::party:
Hurrah! Grats @physicsmaths and @SushiBunny

Lol can't believe it. I thought I would miss the leaderboard due to how easy Q4 with respect to other papers. Really pleased. Cudnt have done it without your help renzhi :smile:.
Well done to EmptyMathsBox he is on there aswell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done to EmptyMathsBox he is on there aswell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

trinity camp m8 ? truly gr8 !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending