The Student Room Group

ISIS terrorist executes his own mother for "apostasy"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
No I like to spout the truth

The issue of honor killings is well documented and we can now begin to understand why this is seen as a solution to certain issues and the mentality that allows it to happen

You do know honour killings arent exclusively associated with muslim communities and even then its not like every muslim believes in executing someone for apostasy.
How can one have the audacity to kill ones own mother?! It's preposterous.
Original post by aamirac
How can one have the audacity to kill ones own mother?! It's preposterous.

He killed her for apostasy, because Muhammad said "whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Unfortunately for this poor woman, he didn't say "whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him, unless it's one of your parents." More of the wonderful fruits of Islam.
Cmon guys.. we have numerous incidents of British born children been killed by their parents for wearing makeup and bringing dishonor on their family right here in the UK

What makes this so shocking lol
Original post by Achaea
He killed her for apostasy, because Muhammad said "whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." Unfortunately for this poor woman, he didn't say "whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him, unless it's one of your parents." More of the wonderful fruits of Islam.

That's just extreme beyond morals. I was always taught to treat my parents with upmost respect. Not even to say 'pft' when they ask me to do something for them.
Original post by aamirac
That's just extreme beyond morals. I was always taught to treat my parents with upmost respect. Not even to say 'pft' when they ask me to do something for them.

That's nice. So was I. Unfortunately, when you're an apostate from Islam, all bets are off.
don't muslims say they love their god more than their family

or is it mo they love more than their mother and father.

lol
Seriously

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

These are extremists who have been brainwashed by extremist leaders due to wrong interpretation of the Quran. What else could you expect.

If all the Muslims were like this, I doubt any of us had mothers alive today. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Original post by Achaea
That's nice. So was I. Unfortunately, when you're an apostate from Islam, all bets are off.

It's unfortunate, but there is a way to go about situations like this and killing isn't one of them.
Original post by Drummerz
You do know honour killings arent exclusively associated with muslim communities and even then its not like every muslim believes in executing someone for apostasy.

Yes that's right.
Original post by BrokenLife
lol
Seriously

Yes seriously.

and given this statement is in the quran

Quran 9 Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

you believe that any muslim who makes the claim to love god more than their family are an extremist
Original post by aamirac
It's unfortunate, but there is a way to go about situations like this and killing isn't one of them.

"Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." I'm afraid killing is exactly the way Muhammad told Muslims to 'go about situations like this'.
Original post by aamirac
but there is a way to go about situations like this

what way would that be in situations like this?
lol
Seriously

These are extremists who have been brainwashed by extremist leaders due to wrong interpretation of the Quran. What else could you expect.

If all the Muslims were like this, I doubt any of us had mothers alive today. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why is it the wrong interpretation of the Qur'an? What makes their interpretation wrong and yours right?
Yes seriously.

and given this statement is in the quran

Quran 9 Say, [O Muhammad], "If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and jihad in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command. And Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people."

you believe that any muslim who makes the claim to love god more than their family are an extremist

Firstly, don't tell me what I believe in. I know what I beliebe in. In fact, what you're doing is that that you're taking out Quranic verses proabably from google at random selection without understanding the context in which they were sent and my interpretation of it.

The amount of ignorance you've shown in that post means I'm not going to give you any details on what I believe in. Firstly, open your fixed mind which labels all members of one community with the same brush and then we'll talk.

I can't be asked to put up with irrationality and ignorance based on nothing.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Why is it the wrong interpretation of the Qur'an? What makes their interpretation wrong and yours right?

The fact that they take it out if context and the very fact that Islam mean peace and submission. I've been brought up as a Muslim and a religious Muslim family, never have I ever been told to kill my parents or be violent.

People need to do their research before passing comments like the above user. How many people are aware of the terrorists who escaped ISIS when they read the actual Quran and said it was nothing like what ISIS preached them. If you want to be played at the hands of these awful, illiterate monsters, go on, keep blaming the normal Muslims. Bare in my mind I'm not saying don't criticise Islam as it is an ideology and people are free to criticise it but don't label Muslims with one brush.
Original post by Achaea
"Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him." I'm afraid killing is exactly the way Muhammad told Muslims to 'go about situations like this'.

What book is this hadeeth is this from?
The fact that they take it out if context and the very fact that Islam mean peace and submission. I've been brought up as a Muslim and a religious Muslim family, never have I ever been told to kill my parents or be violent.

But that's the whole point, you've been brought up with one interpretation and they have been raised and/or brainwashed with another, but what makes yours fundamentally right and theirs wrong? You don't think ISIS thinks that its interpretation is completely right and that yours isn't? You don't think that every Islamic sect thinks its own interpretation is true and that of all other sects isn't?

If it were so easy to know which of the Quran's interpretations was right, don't you think there would be only one Islamic sect and one, homogeneous belief system?
Original post by woIfie
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-militant-ali-saqr-al-qasem-publicly-executes-his-own-mother-in-raqqa-after-accusing-her-of-a6801811.html

This is utterly shocking. I hope this is widely shared, if anything is likely to shock and alienate the Arab world (more than it is already), it's a man killing his own mother.

I am simulataneously shocked and completely unsurprised.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
But that's the whole point, you've been brought up with one interpretation and they have been raised and/or brainwashed with another, but what makes yours fundamentally right and theirs wrong? You don't think ISIS thinks that its interpretation is completely right and that yours isn't? You don't think that every Islamic sect thinks its own interpretation is true and that of all other sects isn't?

If it were so easy to know which of the Quran's interpretations was right, don't you think there would be only one Islamic sect and one, homogeneous belief system?

Yep you're absolutely right. But we gotta make our own choices.However, if you look at 73 sects of Islam you'll see that only a few have violent interpretations of Quran. That happens with many religions, take KKK of Christianity. Point being is you can't single out one interpretation and blame it on others who may not even believe in that interpretation.

What makes me angry and sad at the same time is that c'mon like look at the title of the thread. This man is killing his own mother yet people are going on and fighting with each other based on religion. Get life people! Try to be different and spread love, not hate! There is in going and never ending hate that can easily be found in the 21st century!
(edited 8 years ago)
Firstly, don't tell me what I believe in.

Firstly I didn't tell you what you believe in so calm down

I replied you your claim that people who believe in this verse

are according to you extremist

It seems though this is not the case and you simply lied to me to make excuses for this backward thinking.

I notice you then use every old trope and lie I've ever seen when a muslim comes to the defense of other muslims and the latest Islamic atrocity
Original post by aamirac
What book is this hadeeth is this from?

Sahih Bukhari. (I'm sure you could have googled that yourself.)

http://www.quranexplorer.com/hadith/english/Hadith/bukhari/009.084.057.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending