The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

2nd year student AMA

I guess it's getting to that time of year where people are starting to get offers and deciding where to firm, so hopefully I can help out:

Some key info:

- 2nd year in Gov dept.
- Stayed at Rosebery in 1st year
- Completely uninterested in an IB/city career so fairly ignorant of that kind of thing
- Didn't do a-levels, can't really help on 'will I get an offer' questions
Original post by Flibib
I guess it's getting to that time of year where people are starting to get offers and deciding where to firm, so hopefully I can help out:

Some key info:

- 2nd year in Gov dept.
- Completely uninterested in an IB/city career so fairly ignorant of that kind of thing

Thanks for doing this, I appreciate it. I've left one free space on my History and Politics application, and so am thinking of adding the LSE for Government and History. I have a few questions:

1. Do you have any idea why student satisfaction seems to be lower at LSE than other universities? Has this been reflected in your experience?
2. What's the social atmosphere like? Very cliquey, or not?
3. When I was writing my personal statement, I didn't have the LSE (or any other university) specifically in mind. I think it's still relevant to the course, but do you think this might harm my chances?

Thanks again.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Flibib

Some key info:

- 2nd year in Gov dept.

What career opportunities are you looking at?
Is the LSE culture obsessed with finance at the expense of the social sciences themselves?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending