The Student Room Group

Aeronautical Internships

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for a Summer internship preferably in the Aerospace/Aeronautical sector. Do any of you have reccomendations of any companies that I should apply to?

I am in my first year and I'm doing Aeronautical Engineering.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Thank You.
Reply 1
Original post by MsFahima
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for a Summer internship preferably in the Aerospace/Aeronautical sector. Do any of you have reccomendations of any companies that I should apply to?

I am in my first year and I'm doing Aeronautical Engineering.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Thank You.

Welllll I don't know much about internships in the UK or wherever you live. But have you tried Airbus? I hear they take in a lot of students for internships. I'm going to start Aeronautical Engineering at the uni this September, so I can't be too sure about internships already :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by Hamoody96
Welllll I don't know much about internships in the UK or wherever you live. But have you tried Airbus? I hear they take in a lot of students for internships. I'm going to start Aeronautical Engineering at the uni this September, so I can't be too sure about internships already :s-smilie:

Assalamu Alaykum. :smile:

I am trying to apply to Airbus but every time there seems to be a login error. Gotta try again. What uni are you planning to do Aero at?
Reply 3
Assalamu Alaykum. :smile:

I am trying to apply to Airbus but every time there seems to be a login error. Gotta try again. What uni are you planning to do Aero at?

Alaikum al Salaam
Oh that's really aggravating now init? InshaAllah you'll get through.

I'm going to study right here in Dubai. It's called Emirates Aviation University :biggrin:

Are you an aviation freak too?
Reply 4
Alaikum al Salaam
Oh that's really aggravating now init? InshaAllah you'll get through.

I'm going to study right here in Dubai. It's called Emirates Aviation University :biggrin:

Are you an aviation freak too?

Yes, it's frustrating. :lol: InshaAllah!

Oh wow, that's nice! Any places in Dubai doing Internships? I would like to go abroad for the summer.

Well, I'm not a freak YET. It's a recent interest so I'm learning things along the way and I love it!

Just did a little stalk of your profile and saw that you are one though! :rofl:
Reply 5
Yes, it's frustrating. :lol: InshaAllah!

Oh wow, that's nice! Any places in Dubai doing Internships? I would like to go abroad for the summer.

Well, I'm not a freak YET. It's a recent interest so I'm learning things along the way and I love it!

Just did a little stalk of your profile and saw that you are one though! :rofl:

I have yet to find that out. I haven't yet applied to the university, so I really am not too sure. But I'll check with my other aviator pals and let you know. There is Mubadala in Abu Dhabi here though. I overheard someone mentioning their internship program a few days back.

Oh :cry2: Dont you worry, if there is anything you'd like to know, you can always ask me. Annd as you go along, you'll fall deeper and deeper in love with the aviation industry honest.

Stalker you are aren't you?:naughty: Yeah, I'm dead crazy about aviation. My folks strongly believe I'm bonkers :toofunny: but who cares? :biggrin:
Reply 6
I have yet to find that out. I haven't yet applied to the university, so I really am not too sure. But I'll check with my other aviator pals and let you know. There is Mubadala in Abu Dhabi here though. I overheard someone mentioning their internship program a few days back.

Oh :cry2: Dont you worry, if there is anything you'd like to know, you can always ask me. Annd as you go along, you'll fall deeper and deeper in love with the aviation industry honest.

Stalker you are aren't you?:naughty: Yeah, I'm dead crazy about aviation. My folks strongly believe I'm bonkers :toofunny: but who cares? :biggrin:

Ah okay, when are you meant to apply by? Oh okay, I'll check that out! :biggrin: Thanks

Yes, I will surely ask you :lol: I really do hope so since I'm planning to make my career in it :bigsmile:

No :ninja: Just intensive research :rofl: Hahah, little do they know you're probs more than bonkers :tongue: Yes, who cares!
Well, it depends a bit, also on your citizenship (concerning which defence companies are interesting for you and where you will be able to work). Generally in Europe Airbus is the one to go, if you look for large civil aircrafts. Rolls Royce is good for engines, but their application deadline closed already. Then you have the defence industry (I mean purely defence). To learn over the smaller companies it is a good idea to look for products you like and by this you will find the companies producing them. Concerning working outside Europe it is more likely you would work for an airline. I don't know about India or China, I guess they take Indian or Chinese students, as they will be the ones working there after they have graduated.
Reply 8
Ah okay, when are you meant to apply by? Oh okay, I'll check that out! :biggrin: Thanks

Yes, I will surely ask you :lol: I really do hope so since I'm planning to make my career in it :bigsmile:

No :ninja: Just intensive research :rofl: Hahah, little do they know you're probs more than bonkers :tongue: Yes, who cares!

I'll probably apply by August. That's when the applications are going on as far as I know. No problem :biggrin:

That's awesome, same with me. I've been waiting for it since I was a kid. The day I get a job, I'll be like :dance:

Hahaha same difference :toofunny: IKR!! They just won't understand smh :cry2:
Reply 9
Original post by Nathanielle
Well, it depends a bit, also on your citizenship (concerning which defence companies are interesting for you and where you will be able to work). Generally in Europe Airbus is the one to go, if you look for large civil aircrafts. Rolls Royce is good for engines, but their application deadline closed already. Then you have the defence industry (I mean purely defence). To learn over the smaller companies it is a good idea to look for products you like and by this you will find the companies producing them. Concerning working outside Europe it is more likely you would work for an airline. I don't know about India or China, I guess they take Indian or Chinese students, as they will be the ones working there after they have graduated.

Hi, I'm a resident of the UK. So I have no issue working in England/Europe :smile:

Thank you for your input. I will definitely take it into consideration.
Reply 10
I'll probably apply by August. That's when the applications are going on as far as I know. No problem :biggrin:

That's awesome, same with me. I've been waiting for it since I was a kid. The day I get a job, I'll be like :dance:

Hahaha same difference :toofunny: IKR!! They just won't understand smh :cry2:

Good Luck with your application! :biggrin:

Hehe, same here. Engineering is hard but it's totally worth it man! I love it :smile:

:lol: They will understand you one day :tongue: We can hope :giggle:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending