The Student Room Group

UCAS confirmation

hiya, just to let everyone know the ucas site won't tell everyone if they are into uni until the afternoon of results day and no earlier so there isn't a short cut to knowing this year. I was really hoping i could know whether i was acepted or not before I had the walk of shame to school to pick up the results. Anyway sorry to shatter anyones hopes of finding out their uni's decision before the dreaded results but good luck everyone.

Scroll to see replies

emom100
hiya, just to let everyone know the ucas site won't tell everyone if they are into uni until the afternoon of results day and no earlier so there isn't a short cut to knowing this year. I was really hoping i could know whether i was acepted or not before I had the walk of shame to school to pick up the results. Anyway sorry to shatter anyones hopes of finding out their uni's decision before the dreaded results but good luck everyone.

how did you find this out?
Unregistered

what time in the afternoon?
x ox
does it give a level results or just uni decision? x ox
I went to the UCAS site this afternoon and it appears that my conditional offer's changed. It was originally a BC that was needed; now, it's a CC. I suppose a letter's on its way to me, but I don't know why they've changed their offer.
Unregistered

Check the UCAS homepage
Unregistered
Check the UCAS homepage

It just gives sketchy info. I wouldn't be so sure that this is different from previous years.
Reply 6
it just said on the ucas website that applicant info would be updated mid afternoon on the 14th and not before then. I think you can check what courses have gone into clearing at midnight though.
emom100
it just said on the ucas website that applicant info would be updated mid afternoon on the 14th and not before then. I think you can check what courses have gone into clearing at midnight though.

It just said afternoon, not mid-afternoon, unless I've missed something.
Does midday, acording to ucas, mean 12pm
Reply 9
Unregistered
Does midday, acording to ucas, mean 12pm

Midday would suggest the time betwixt 11:59am and 12:01pm.
UCAS doesn't update your 'track progress' page. It's actually the university you've applied too. An admissions tutor logs in with a special password and changes your details.
Lord Huntroyde
Midday would suggest the time betwixt 11:59am and 12:01pm.

In your attempt to be a smart-arse, you misspellt between.
Reply 12
Unregistered

It's misspelled actually.
Unregistered

Betwixt is just olde English that Huntroyde decided to use.
Koloth

Have to love the irony.
Koloth

Misspelt sounds better and should be added to the dictionary. Honorary should also be changed to honourary.
Oh yeah and while I'm this topic, the -ize suffix should be removed all British dictionaries and replaced with -ise which looks a hundred times more correct. That'll teach Oxford for spelling all -ise suffixes incorrectly.
Reply 17
Expression
Betwixt is just olde English that Huntroyde decided to use.

Indeed it was, so I tries to sound like a smart arse and was successful.
Koloth

Look it up in the dictionary.
hi u lots!

just checked my application stuff through the track process button ... and i was shocked cos my insurance uni (Warwick) does not have a 'conditional offer' standing next to it as it only reads now 'unsuccessful'. What the hell does this mean? did they already reject me even before my first choice (LSE) has made up its mind? really scared im gonna end up having nothing. LSE is really tough and the prob is that i missed both my offers (Warwick very narrowly though). plz help, im about to go nuts!!

thx
Bernie

Latest

Trending

Trending