The Student Room Group

Dropping out - How many years am i entitled for with my circumstances

So i'm desperate to find out how many years i'd be eligible for funding for with my circumstances:

I did an engineering foundation year at Portsmouth Uni.

Transferred to a different uni (currently in my first year here). Thought i'd enjoy the course but it turns out I absolutely hate it, i feel as though i'm starting to become depressed, and have completely no motivation (which is extremely unusual for me).

Thinking about dropping out or not returning at the end of the year, and applying for a different course at a closer to home uni.

I understand that i am entitled for the length of my course + 1 year of finance, but how would this work with me having done a foundation year and transferring universities? i'm panicking and have no idea what to do, i can feel myself getting more depressed every day
Reply 1
I don't know how the foundation year is funded. If it is funded in the same way as the undergraduate programme, then you have used 2 years of your funding and have 2 funded years remaining. If it is funded in a different way, then you have 3 funded years remaining with no leaway for a funded resit year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending