The Student Room Group

Vet Nursing applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by millyc97
Ahh I had my interview at RVC on 16th Feb and I got my offer today!! What was offer? ☺️

Are you taking it as your first choice?? I had BCD how about you??☺️
Reply 61
Original post by GabbyGeorge
Are you taking it as your first choice?? I had BCD how about you??☺️

If I get an offer from Harper Adams then that will be my firm and RVC my insurance but if not, then RVC is my firm ☺️ They said just B in biology for the 4 year degree course, odd that yours is different 😕 Is it your firm?
Reply 62
Anyone else torn between RVC and Bristol?!
Original post by NatPhil9
Anyone else torn between RVC and Bristol?!

I've decided to go for bristol as i originally wanted the biovet science course and i will be surrounded by other students rather than just nurses and vets. Just a personal preference. What about you?

(And i prefer to be in the city for a bit)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by TypicalRemix
I've decided to go for bristol as i originally wanted the biovet science course and i will be surrounded by other students rather than just nurses and vets. Just a personal preference. What about you?

(And i prefer to be in the city for a bit)

I think I'm leaning to Bristol as well! I didn't like RVC as much as I thought I would when I went for the interview and you're so right about not being with just vets and vet nurses and being in a nice city (London does not really appeal to me). And apparently the vets and vet nurses don't really mix at RVC but they do at Bristol. Are you a member of the fb group they set up by Bristol? Do you think we should make one that's not got Bristol uni as admin?!
Original post by NatPhil9
I think I'm leaning to Bristol as well! I didn't like RVC as much as I thought I would when I went for the interview and you're so right about not being with just vets and vet nurses and being in a nice city (London does not really appeal to me). And apparently the vets and vet nurses don't really mix at RVC but they do at Bristol. Are you a member of the fb group they set up by Bristol? Do you think we should make one that's not got Bristol uni as admin?!

yeah i'm a member of it when was your bristol interview? and we should make a group!
Reply 66
Is anyone stuck between Hartpury and RVC??
Reply 67
Original post by Padge07
Is anyone stuck between Hartpury and RVC??

Me 😪 What's confusing you about the choice?
Reply 68
Me 😪 What's confusing you about the choice?

I really like both which makes it even harder! I love how wanted I felt at Hartpury plus the mixture of different people on different courses! They're really friendly and they have a hydrotherapy unit but I like RVC as well because it has a good reputation, it has the Queen Mother Hospital and the accommodation is amazing but I didn't feel as welcome compared to Hartpury :/ What about you?
Reply 69
Original post by Padge07
I really like both which makes it even harder! I love how wanted I felt at Hartpury plus the mixture of different people on different courses! They're really friendly and they have a hydrotherapy unit but I like RVC as well because it has a good reputation, it has the Queen Mother Hospital and the accommodation is amazing but I didn't feel as welcome compared to Hartpury :/ What about you?

I loved Hartpury as well, but I think it might be hard to find a place to live in 3rd year after being on placement during 2nd. I really liked rvc but I kinda really want to be in the actual halls and not the vet nursing accommodation because I want ensuite for my first year haha
Reply 70
I loved Hartpury as well, but I think it might be hard to find a place to live in 3rd year after being on placement during 2nd. I really liked rvc but I kinda really want to be in the actual halls and not the vet nursing accommodation because I want ensuite for my first year haha

I think Hartpury would help you find a place to live, i was probably going to find a place with friends or something but they definitley wouldnt leave you without accomodation :smile: Yeah thats what I want and i was worried that id be isolated in halls :/
If I get an offer from Harper Adams then that will be my firm and RVC my insurance but if not, then RVC is my firm ☺️ They said just B in biology for the 4 year degree course, odd that yours is different 😕 Is it your firm?
j

Yeh I firmed RVC so hopefully I'll get the grades etc, what's the typical offer for Harper Adams??
Reply 72
Hi!
I read that a lot of you had an interview at Middlesex. I will have mine in a week or two I believe (they didn't confirm the date yet but it will be around the 25th-29th and it will be via Skype since I don't live in the UK). I am really nervous about it, so it would be great if somebody could give me some advice! Like, what do they usually ask? And how long does it usually last? Did you get accepted after being interview? I'm really really nervous, Middlesex was my first choice and I am scared I won't make a good impression. It is also my first interview, so I don't really know how it works.
Thank you for your help!!:smile:
Original post by JessBarrett
Hi I applied for RVC, Harper Adams, Hartpury, Middlesex and Nottingham Trent. I have an interview for RVC 26th Feb.. Waiting to hear back from Hartpury after my interview last week. Got a place at Harper Adams and Nottingham Trent. Has anyone heard from Middlesex yet?

Hi, I had my interview in February for Middlesex uni at Leeds campus and received an offer. Which campus are you applying for? And how long ago was your interview?
Reply 74
Anyone else heard back from Harper Adams? I got my offer yesterday 😊
Original post by MeganGould
Hi adixon, how long was it after your interview at Middlesex that they got back to you with a decision whether you got a place or not? As I went to the interview 2 weeks ago today and still haven't heard, it's worrying me a little.
Thanks
Megan

Hi Megan, just saw this. It was just over 2 weeks. Have you heard back at all yet? Which campus did you apply to?
Reply 76
Original post by Ccam
Hi!
I read that a lot of you had an interview at Middlesex. I will have mine in a week or two I believe (they didn't confirm the date yet but it will be around the 25th-29th and it will be via Skype since I don't live in the UK). I am really nervous about it, so it would be great if somebody could give me some advice! Like, what do they usually ask? And how long does it usually last? Did you get accepted after being interview? I'm really really nervous, Middlesex was my first choice and I am scared I won't make a good impression. It is also my first interview, so I don't really know how it works.
Thank you for your help!!:smile:

Hello!
I had my Middlesex interview back in January and was rejected a week later haha! During my interview I had maths and literacy tests, but given your interview is via Skype I doubt you'll have them, but you never know! Either way they were fairly straight forward; the maths test was just simple numeracy skills such as ratios and percentages and the literacy test consisted of multiple choice questions and an essay question. After that we had a 'group interview' where the interviewer asked a question and we all, in turn, had to answer it. I can't remember exactly, but he mainly asked us what we liked/disliked during work experience.
I'm not sure whether I've been any help whatsoever, and as your interview is through Skype, it may follow a totally different format but nevertheless good luck!! 😊🍀
Reply 77
Original post by RhiRhi.4
Hello!
I had my Middlesex interview back in January and was rejected a week later haha! During my interview I had maths and literacy tests, but given your interview is via Skype I doubt you'll have them, but you never know! Either way they were fairly straight forward; the maths test was just simple numeracy skills such as ratios and percentages and the literacy test consisted of multiple choice questions and an essay question. After that we had a 'group interview' where the interviewer asked a question and we all, in turn, had to answer it. I can't remember exactly, but he mainly asked us what we liked/disliked during work experience.
I'm not sure whether I've been any help whatsoever, and as your interview is through Skype, it may follow a totally different format but nevertheless good luck!! 😊🍀

Thank you so much!! You were actually really helpful! I had to take the maths and literacy tests online, so I doubt I will have to take them again. I don't think I will take part in a group interview either since it could be kind of hard to do so, but I might be asked the same questions or something similar... We'll see!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!:h:
Hey has anyone else firmed rvc for the veterinary nursing course?
Reply 79
Original post by Lbdecember
Hey has anyone else firmed rvc for the veterinary nursing course?

Hey,
I haven't yet, I'll see how I feel about the place after the offer day on Thursday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending