The Student Room Group

UCAS deadline day - are you happy with your uni choices?

Scroll to see replies

I'm really happy with mine. I got 5 offers for History from Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, York and Keele. Sometimes I wonder if I should have switched Sheffield with Leeds, but I still really like Sheffield, and it doesn't matter anyway as I'm pretty certain I want to put Birmingham as my firm and Keele as my insurance.
Reply 21
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'll await PQ's definitive answer, but I suspect that they can certainly change within 7 days - no reason why not there - but it will count as after the deadline if it's after 6pm today. However, I'm pretty sure it's within the discretion of the unis themselves as to whether they will be strict about it.

Bottom line is to think extremely carefully about your choices and if you are likely to change your mind within 7 days, chances are you haven't thought hard enough.
well i got informed that one of my predicted grades had gone up on the day of my deadline (today). This was after I sent my application off (yesterday). So now with a higher predicted grade for one of my subjects I would like to change one of my choices. Do you think they might be understanding?
PS; the new predicted grade has been included in the application I sent off).
Original post by Tomasio
Well I rang up a guy at UCAS an hour ago to ask if I could change a choice, and he said it was fine if within the next 7 days, so I assume it's fine. He did not answer your question specifically though.
Im gonna try change mine in the next few hours before the deadline to be safe.

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'll await PQ's definitive answer, but I suspect that they can certainly change within 7 days - no reason why not there - but it will count as after the deadline if it's after 6pm today. However, I'm pretty sure it's within the discretion of the unis themselves as to whether they will be strict about it.

Bottom line is to think extremely carefully about your choices and if you are likely to change your mind within 7 days, chances are you haven't thought hard enough.

CLR is right.

While you *can* make changes within 7 days - and substitutions made after 6pm tonight will be flagged as late applications.

If your application hasn't been processed yet and you can't get into Track to make substitutions then ring up UCAS as they might be able to do it for you manually.
Reply 23
Only really had my heart set on a couple of unis (offer from one, waiting on the other) whilst the other three were there as a 'I might as well' filler. So I don't regret any choices.
I should have put in Unis with lower grades I think.

Annoying as my Uni I wanted as my Insurance (ABB-BBB) instead gave me an offer for AAA, higher than the other 2 I've gotten back so far
Original post by oswalds
I'm really happy with mine. I got 5 offers for History from Birmingham, Manchester, Sheffield, York and Keele. Sometimes I wonder if I should have switched Sheffield with Leeds, but I still really like Sheffield, and it doesn't matter anyway as I'm pretty certain I want to put Birmingham as my firm and Keele as my insurance.

Congrats on your offers :smile:

I did History at Birmingham - I loved it :h: Great uni and an awesome city :heart:
Original post by Jack1066
I should have put in Unis with lower grades I think.

Annoying as my Uni I wanted as my Insurance (ABB-BBB) instead gave me an offer for AAA, higher than the other 2 I've gotten back so far

That is a bit annoying :frown:

Sit tight until you have all your offers and make a decision then.
Original post by She-Ra
Hi y'all :wavey:

The UCAS deadline is 6pm this evening. :five:

For those of you already receiving offers and for those of making your application today are you happy with your original choices?

Are the offers what you were expecting? :daydreaming:

Any rejections that you weren't anticipating? :cry2:

Here's some helpful advice about what you can do next - just in case :grouphugs:

Best of luck everyone :wizard2:

How to make your firm and insurance choices

What to do if you've missed the UCAS January deadline

UCAS Extra

Not 100% happy with my original choices. I think I should have worried less about the cost of living in London.
I didn't quite expect my offer from Cambridge. Unsurprised by Liverpool and Surrey.
My rejection from Durham came out of the blue. I felt almost certain that Cambridge would reject me and Durham felt like my realistic top choice :tongue:.
I'm still awaiting news from Exeter. Considering I applied around the first of Oct, it's a while..
Original post by keromedic
Not 100% happy with my original choices. I think I should have worried less about the cost of living in London.
I didn't quite expect my offer from Cambridge. Unsurprised by Liverpool and Surrey.
My rejection from Durham came out of the blue. I felt almost certain that Cambridge would reject me and Durham felt like my realistic top choice :tongue:.
I'm still awaiting news from Exeter. Considering I applied around the first of Oct, it's a while..

Well done again on your Cambridge offer again :smile: Fingers crossed Exeter get in touch soon, would you like them to be your insurance choice?
Original post by She-Ra
Well done again on your Cambridge offer again :smile: Fingers crossed Exeter get in touch soon, would you like them to be your insurance choice?

Thanks :smile:. I hope so too though in truth, I feel like it'll be Surrey. I like the idea of being close to London and there are things I like about the uni.

The plan is to wait and see if I get an offer from Exeter and then visit it as I've not yet had the chance.
Track is what UCAS use to communicate university's offers or rejections with you directly https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/login

When a uni has made a decision on their application they will update their end of Track and you receive an email to let you know there is a change and that you need to check it.

Track will tell you on results day if your firm uni has accepted you based on your exam results http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15447-ucas-track-on-results-day
Original post by keromedic
Thanks :smile:. I hope so too though in truth, I feel like it'll be Surrey. I like the idea of being close to London and there are things I like about the uni.

The plan is to wait and see if I get an offer from Exeter and then visit it as I've not yet had the chance.

Definitely visit it :smile:

Surrey does seem very popular and it's a nice part of the world with great access to London. I'm excited for you, amazing times ahead :h:
Original post by elen90
Only really had my heart set on a couple of unis (offer from one, waiting on the other) whilst the other three were there as a 'I might as well' filler. So I don't regret any choices.

Glad to hear it :smile: Hope you hear back from the other uni really soon :h:
Been offered unconditional for Sheffield woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by She-Ra
Congrats on your offers :smile:

I did History at Birmingham - I loved it :h: Great uni and an awesome city :heart:

Thank you! Everyone I've spoken who studied History at Birmingham has told me how great it was, so I'm really excited to go, providing I get the grades.
Original post by oswalds
Thank you! Everyone I've spoken who studied History at Birmingham has told me how great it was, so I'm really excited to go, providing I get the grades.

Fingers crossed for you :h:

Ps - when choosing accommodation definitely try to go for somewhere on the Vale.
Original post by Elelizabeth
Been offered unconditional for Sheffield woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :h:
Reply 37
Original post by Student403
Thanks!

It was actually more American unis I expected, because it's well known in the States that the ones I applied to consider a lot more than academics, which I think we emphasise more in the UK. Here's an excerpt from MIT's website on things considered for admission - I'm sure there'd be a different weighting to some of these in the UK!:

Level of applicants interest: not considered. Oh merica.
Original post by Nununu
Level of applicants interest: not considered. Oh merica.

and yet, racial/ethnic status is?
Reply 39
Hey guys, im currently doing an access to engineering course at my local college i was told that there was a UCAS application deadline before Christmas that I missed i spoke to student support because i have never applied to a uni before or completed a ucas application so didnt have a clue of the process and was told they have no knowledge of a deadline apart from june 2016.I went in today to be told that the ucas deadline was today at 6pm. i only found this out off another student that had submitted theirs yesterday and someone else had today. so i rushed and finished mine by 5 today. fewwww or so i thought. i have just finished on the phone with ucas and they have informed me that it now wont be dealt with until next week at the earliest and its now classed as late!!!!! apparently it happens all the time. at no point had anyone been through what happens after you submit the application and how long that takes. im now scared that i wont get in anywhere has anyone been in a similar situation? why do they have a deadline of the 15th when they know that it takes a few days to finish the application? im now left to worry all weekend because everywheres closed.

thanks for reading
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending