The Student Room Group

Pokemon 20th Anniversary Tournament

Scroll to see replies

We've got 19 participants signed up, which means 3 round robin groups to whittle it down to 8 sets of matches to go into the quarters. I've drawn them via a random number generator in excel, and here they are:

@Pres2040 vs @Joel 96 vs @justinawe
@queen of thorns vs @Alexion
@Dez vs @Stiff Little Fingers
@IamJuggernaut vs @Jjbones123
@Kholmes1 vs @Everglow
vs @ByronicHero
@Aria Enoshima vs @eternaforest
@whydoidothis? vs @Slowbro93 vs @neal95

So now, arrange in this thread with your opponent(s) when you're available to face off (between now and 15th of February).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
We've got 19 participants signed up, which means 3 round robin groups to whittle it down to 8 sets of matches to go into the quarters. I've drawn them via a random number generator in excel, and here they are:

@Pres2040 vs @Joel 96 vs @justinawe
@queen of thorns vs @Alexion vs @IamJuggernaut
@Dez vs @Stiff Little Fingers
@Kalail vs @Jjbones123
@Kholmes1 vs @Everglow
@Gofre vs @ByronicHero
@Aria Enoshima vs @eternaforest
@whydoidothis? vs @Slowbro93 vs @neal95

So now, arrange in this thread with your opponent(s) when you're available to face off (between now and 15th of February).

I didn't actually register for the competition from what I remember but I will play anyway as long as I can work out what I'm doing :lol:
Original post by ByronicHero
I didn't actually register for the competition from what I remember but I will play anyway as long as I can work out what I'm doing :lol:

Sorry - you were planning out a team and discussing styles with Gofre so I assumed that was intent to take part from you.
Sorry - you were planning out a team and discussing styles with Gofre so I assumed that was intent to take part from you.

No, just nostalgia really but I understand why you thought that. I'm interested in giving it a go though so you can still count me in :smile:
When are you guys available?
lemme know when you are available, not sure how it works for us though as we got three in the round but anyway let me know when u are free. And also do we do a random battle or selected team>
Original post by IamJuggernaut
lemme know when you are available, not sure how it works for us though as we got three in the round but anyway let me know when u are free. And also do we do a random battle or selected team>

"there will be a round robin group of 3 competitors, each battling each other once - scoring 1 point for a win and the competitor with the best overall record will progress."

As far as I know, you can make your own team, as long as it's viable to the standard rules, and that the pokemon are legit.
When you're in teambuilder, click on validate to make sure the team is viable for OU.

If I've made any errors, please correct me.
Original post by Joel 96
"there will be a round robin group of 3 competitors, each battling each other once - scoring 1 point for a win and the competitor with the best overall record will progress."

As far as I know, you can make your own team, as long as it's viable to the standard rules, and that the pokemon are legit.
When you're in teambuilder, click on validate to make sure the team is viable for OU.

If I've made any errors, please correct me.

That's correct - so the round robin group everyone plays each other - you'll battle against both the other two and who ever wins the most matches will go through.

Likewise teams - so long as it meets the OU rules (so, no uber pokemon and no movesets in violation of the clauses in the OP) then you can create whatever you like.
Reply 48
I cannot make head or tails of the sitre, so regretabbly I shall have to forfeit
Yay! I win by default! :biggrin:

...but seriously, what do I do now?
Hey, I'm basically available whenever I'm on TSR. Just PM me to start the battle.

But If you two want to arrange a time then just reply.
Original post by whydoidothis?
Hey, I'm basically available whenever I'm on TSR. Just PM me to start the battle.

hey thats cool by me, i need a few days to get a team and strategy up and running as its been a while since ive played pokemon on showdown, planning on putting much more time into it in summer.
anyone who plays on the DS entering the kanto tournament in march? you get lance's dragonite
Original post by neal95
anyone who plays on the DS entering the kanto tournament in march? you get lance's dragonite

What game is that for? Sounds pretty interesting.
Original post by Jjbones123
Yay! I win by default! :biggrin:

...but seriously, what do I do now?

Best thing to do I think is cut down one of the 3 way groups and you play one of the ones in there - shall edit up the draw in a second
Original post by Kholmes1
What game is that for? Sounds pretty interesting.

omega ruby :smile: Alpha sapphire too
Ok, assigning them numbers 1 through 9:

1. Pres2040
2. joel 96
3. justinawe
4. Queen of thorns
5. Alexion
6. Iamjuggernaut
7. Whydoidothis?
8. Slowbro93
9. neal95

True Random Number GeneratorMin: Max: Result:6Powered by RANDOM.ORG

So @IamJuggernaut vs @Jjbones123 instead, with a straight shoot between @Alexion and @queen of thorns

Anyway - @Dez, when's good for you? I don't get home from work until just after 7pm, so I'd need it to be after that if we're doing it on a weekday
Original post by whydoidothis?

Original post by neal95
hey thats cool by me, i need a few days to get a team and strategy up and running as its been a while since ive played pokemon on showdown, planning on putting much more time into it in summer.

I'll get back to you with a time, but will most likely do it after the 11th if that's okay :smile:
Reply 58
Anyway - @Dez, when's good for you? I don't get home from work until just after 7pm, so I'd need it to be after that if we're doing it on a weekday

I still need to put a team together (it's 6v6 right?). So maybe later on this week, Thursday or Friday evening perhaps?
Original post by Slowbro93
I'll get back to you with a time, but will most likely do it after the 11th if that's okay :smile:

its fine.

Quick Reply

Latest